Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8741 (handbags)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:6/7/11 1:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
P.Kay.King said... (6/23/13 10:19 PM) Reply
After literally hours and hours of trying to decipher the directions and cutting out muslin pieces, I gave up trying to make the reversible bag. The directions were hopelessly confusing! I made bag A/B which was huge enough to put my 10 month old granddaughter in with all her diapers, bottles and toys! My daughter is using it as a school bookbag as she is a teacher and carries lots of stuff to and from work everyday! All in all, it's HUGE, difficult to understand the directions, and not worth the effort.
xereta said... (6/22/12 11:19 AM) Reply
I just received my pattern in the mail and told my daughter I was in big trouble, because I couldn't even understand the fabric requirements for view D. I decided to look for pattern reviews and came across yours. Thanks so much for the pictures, it really shows the size of the bag, I thought it was much smaller. Thanks so much for the instructions on your blog, they will help me immensely when I go to make the bag
janet said... (6/12/11 11:39 AM) Reply
LOVE your bag!
CallMeSu said... (6/8/11 12:31 PM) Reply
beautiful bag!!! I love your top-stitching and you fabric choice!
mssewcrazy said... (6/8/11 7:21 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! I like this the most of any purse pattern I have seen made up. I think this would be beautiful in a fashion color as well. The slouch of the pattern styling is just so expensive looking.
olgarosita said... (6/8/11 3:47 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern and I was surprised to see that it didn't have any review, so thank you for reviewing it! I also thought the bag was smaller!
pegsewer said... (6/7/11 8:25 PM) Reply
Elegant looking---and so well made. I too like your whole look!
DorothyK said... (6/7/11 6:38 PM) Reply
This bag is gorgeous inside and out. You did a fantastic job. I love your entire look from top to bottom.
Deborah L said... (6/7/11 4:43 PM) Reply
Gorgeous bag. Love your fabric!
JillyBe said... (6/7/11 3:24 PM) Reply
Your version looks like a million bucks - LOVE it!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS