Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6028 ( MISSES' DRESSES)

Work in Progress Work in Progress

Posted on:6/7/11 3:15 PM
Last Updated:6/8/11 9:13 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

lbreton said... (6/22/11 9:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip, neaner. For now, I'm walking away from this project. I need a breather.
neaner said... (6/9/11 3:48 PM) Reply
I noticed acouple other gals made this dress, maybe they could give you some tips :)
lbreton said... (6/9/11 10:31 AM) Reply
I'm not even doing the piping, either. The dress hangs in a weird way on my body. I don't like a ton of ease in my already full bust. I'm making LBDs until I find one I really like. This is my 2nd.
lakaribane said... (6/8/11 7:47 PM) Reply
Ouf! So happy to read that the seams are funky for you too! It's my first time with piping and I thought it was some "secret" trick I didn't know but I'm thinking this pattern is flawed! I still haven't done the hem but I'm just going to wear it as is.
lbreton said... (6/8/11 8:02 AM) Reply
I'm totally having a hard time with the neckline. I'm so close to being done with this dress- I mean done in the good way but also just don't care about the mistakes on the princess seams where they join the shoulder yoke in the front. You know what I mean? It still bulges. I'm putting up more pics to see if anyone can help or if it's just my inexperience with princess seams.
lakaribane said... (6/7/11 4:11 PM) Reply
Is the neckline driving you crazy? I just made this (need to hem it and it's done) but the whole upper bodice, neckline area is just weird. Tell me it's the same for you...

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117