Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2100 (Misses' Panties)

Reviewed by:ctirish

About ctirishstar
CT USA
Member since: 3/13/05
Posted on:8/4/11 10:22 PM

See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
Judy Kski said... (8/5/11 11:00 AM) Reply
Remember that quarter marking is not used for panty legs; you want more stretch under the "cheeks" and about 1:1 elsewhere. The waist elastic is done with the normal quarter marking.
pdiddly said... (8/5/11 2:38 AM) Reply
well done on your panties they look great - I made my first pair a couple of weeks ago with another of the Kwick sew patterns and now about 12 pairs later I think I have perfected this. If you have a serger I just reduced the stitch length down and put a 1/4" elastic under the serger foot and basically encased it inside the stitches and I have to say this is so easy and works really well. I didn't put the elastic in the legs, just serged again using the short stitch length to get the stitches close together and again this works really well. I can't find myself buying panties again now. One last tip - I used an old cotton knit t-shirt to make the gusset (especially when I wasn't using white fabric) and this works well.
ctirish said... (8/4/11 10:21 PM) Reply
Hi, I used a 3/8 inch picot knit elastic from Sew Sassy. I just had a problem with it - it split down the middle of the elastic with washing. Now I am looking for a new elastic to use on my next round of panties in white.
Alchemist9 said... (7/3/11 10:57 AM) Reply
I cant' wait to try sewing these. Did you use 1/4" plush back elastic for the leg seams or did you have to go to a 3/8" elastic. I'm having a difficult time finding the 1/4" with the soft backing. If you are using a regular elastic, any problems with scratching?

SewBaby Hug-Me Bibs Pattern