Pattern Reviews> Other> Stitch Magazine - Winter (Asymmetrical Folds Skirt)

Reviewed by:SewSho

About SewShostar
THAILAND
Member since: 2/23/10

Posted on:6/8/11 2:41 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
SewSho said... (6/9/11 7:53 AM) Reply
Thx all! Im determined to wear it so I want to make a floaty midrift skimming top to go with, alas my days of fitted crop tops r over! (Was some 'sucking in' required for these pics! Haha!) @ AppleC...Look forward to seeing ur version! @ KathyinNM..Thx for the lovely comments! I've done some searching, apparently understitching around corners is not fully poss so it's an 'as close as u can get' thing!:)
appleC said... (6/8/11 4:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for the link. I hope my version comes out as cute as yours!
Patti B said... (6/8/11 4:14 PM) Reply
What a cute skirt. The fabric suits it very well, not to mention that it looks great on you. I have admired this pattern since the magazine came out and am glad to see it sewn up.
debbieB said... (6/8/11 3:01 PM) Reply
Love the fabric!
Kathy in NM said... (6/8/11 2:18 PM) Reply
Really cute skirt! You should wear it as much as possible ; ) I like the fabric, and buttons - very unique, but not crazy. Pressing the folds makes a more defined look than just gathers - I like this better than the pattern view. I had seen this in the magazine, but ignored it. I may give it a go now - fun way to use up some unique fabrics. About the top stitching in the corners - not having made this, I can't say for sure, but..... you might be able to turn things inside-out to get closer into the corner. Although, that could still be tricky! Once again, very cute skirt - great for summer!
SewSho said... (6/8/11 12:26 PM) Reply
@AppleC... I just added the link to the top of the review for the free pattern pieces:)
appleC said... (6/8/11 10:37 AM) Reply
Is the pattern still free to print?
mm said... (6/8/11 7:13 AM) Reply