Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1246 (Misses' ShirtMizono)

Reviewed by:ClaireOKC

About ClaireOKCstar
Member since: 9/22/07
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:6/8/11 10:20 AM

NJcowgirl said... (12/20/12 4:33 PM) Reply
Just starting this. Thanks so much for your thorough review!
JillyBe said... (9/2/11 10:57 PM) Reply
I haven't been looking through the Big 4 patterns for awhile - was browsing today & fell in love w/ this one & came home with it, hoping it had been reviewed. I'm thoroughly delighted & can't wait to make it after reading your very helpful review - thank you; your version looks fabulous!
powderpuff said... (7/20/11 8:45 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review and especially the link to Marci Tilton fabrics
Lirio said... (6/22/11 6:15 PM) Reply
Got it. I think the pattern has been much improved by your changes! Will now try it. Thanks so much for your contributions.
ClaireOKC said... (6/17/11 6:22 PM) Reply
@Lirio - yeah - I took the back up to fit....I put up a couple of croquis and hopefully this will show what I did. I took a lot out of center back and then put in a side dart to shape the waist, but I also shaped on the waist on the center back...I have a little video and I talked a little more in depth on that video - it's on YouTube so you should be able to see it. Here are the links to the croquis sketches
Athene said... (6/17/11 1:47 AM) Reply
An exquisite top and beautiful fabric print.
Lirio said... (6/16/11 6:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for your reply Claire. Sorry for being dense, but when you say you took the back up to fit, do you mean you eliminated the apparent fullness from the back altogether & made a flat back?
ClaireOKC said... (6/13/11 9:04 AM) Reply
@Lirio....I didn't do the back, probably because it was so basic, but will include a photo of the back. I did diagonal darts like ones in front, that meet on the side seams - the detail is in a place where no one sees, unfortunately. Actually there's no pleating to it, I just took it up to fit, which is what I recommend for anyone doing this pattern, and some may not even have to take it up at all, but those darts give it a little shape that always makes anyone look prettier!
Lirio said... (6/12/11 11:47 PM) Reply
Hi Claire, Like your adjustments on this pattern very much. Would love to see the back though. It is obviously a very full back & you have used a dart. Does it make a big difference with all that pleated fabric??? Thanks so much for sharing...luisa lirio
Tall Mary said... (6/12/11 12:49 PM) Reply
This is a stunning match of fabric and pattern. I have looked at this pattern and will probably buy it, thanks to you. I appreciate the thorough review.
cmarie12 said... (6/9/11 9:27 AM) Reply
I love how you matched the floral print! This is a lovely top!
Understanding Interfacings