Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2181 (Misses' Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:6/9/11 7:50 AM
Last Updated:6/14/11 10:37 PM

Other Projects by MNBarb using this Pattern

Sew4Fun said... (10/22/11 7:43 PM) Reply
Love your pink top! Helpful review too, thanks.
sewin said... (9/19/11 7:50 PM) Reply
Great review. I'm about to start sewing this top with a really thin knit. I'm a little apprehensive. Yours certainly is becoming.
MelissaB in WA said... (7/17/11 11:32 PM) Reply
Your top is darling, I love the pink too!
Heatherrique said... (6/24/11 3:33 PM) Reply
Very nice looking color and style on you! Thanks for your VH review.
JETrinity said... (6/23/11 9:29 PM) Reply
This is a really cute pattern you have selected and it really looks nice on you. Trying to catch up with my PR email.
JETrinity said... (6/23/11 9:29 PM) Reply
Kathy7661 said... (6/20/11 1:56 PM) Reply
I was just looking at this pattern. Wish I would have seen your review first, I would have purchased it. Very pretty and I love the color!
ArtAttack said... (6/20/11 1:18 AM) Reply
Great top...definitely your color
Barbara V said... (6/16/11 12:13 PM) Reply
Love your "tickled pink" version. Had not noticed this variation of the twist top. I like the twist positioned lower. It is indeed very flattering on you. Great job and enjoyable review! Don't worry about the scary inside! No one will ever know ;-)
CarolynGM said... (6/15/11 2:18 PM) Reply
It's a lovely, very flattering top. I love the toughened Jell-O description of ITY jersey.
JTink said... (6/15/11 11:54 AM) Reply
Great looking top and I just love this color
marec said... (6/15/11 11:50 AM) Reply
wow-very nice top Barb.
sewbehind said... (6/15/11 10:02 AM) Reply
Wow, Barb, that pink one is gorgeous. You look great in that top. In place of a coverstitch machine you can always try a twin stretch needle. That will give you the same look, but not quite the stretch of a coverstitch.
dingyadi said... (6/15/11 4:16 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous top and fabulous colour fabric. You are definitely not Lego shaped! I've never noticed this pattern before but will be checking it out now for sure.
Christas said... (6/14/11 11:02 PM) Reply
WOW!!!!!! Barb, this is a very flattering top on you! Fantastic review!
VivianZ said... (6/10/11 8:41 AM) Reply
I love your top, especially with that fabric, so cute. I just bought an ITY knit to try. I have tried others knits , but then still want to forget it. I have a serger with a coverstitch, and still don't like it. But I just read to starch the dickens out of where you are having trouble, and that helps. So I will try that.
MNBarb said... (6/10/11 8:09 AM) Reply
Wow! Thanks everyone. I did use a walking foot and it was helpful. I think I'm just so accustomed to sewing natural fabrics like linen that stay where you put them. I need lots more practice with these wiggly knits.
beginagain said... (6/9/11 11:14 PM) Reply
Love the top! I find the #12 ballpoint needle gives better results than the stretch needle. Also I second the walking foot.
loti said... (6/9/11 7:54 PM) Reply
OMG too funny, you are not a lego, love the top it is beautiful!
Ms. Bijou said... (6/9/11 7:37 PM) Reply
Very nice! Perfect fit!!
Flying Seamstress said... (6/9/11 5:50 PM) Reply
Your "magical" top is perfect! Great fit, very flattering!
imsewcrazy said... (6/9/11 5:26 PM) Reply
I really love your top. It looks better on you than it does the girl on the envelope!
blondieinparis said... (6/9/11 4:52 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! ITY jersey always behaves better for me if I use a walking foot.
cleverkitty said... (6/9/11 3:55 PM) Reply
I wrote this pattern down once I saw your top, love the style and fabric. As far as jersey I HATE working with it too, the coverstitch machine is the best answer to this fabric. I usually bind the armholes, stabilize the neck and by time I get to the hem I want to run out and buy a coverstitch machine, my serger does not have that feature :(
GlobalMom said... (6/9/11 1:09 PM) Reply
Are we pattern twins yet again? I just picked up this pattern at the last Simpicity sale at Joann's.... I think it just went up a few notches on the "to be sewn" list. Thanks for the review!
StellaTB said... (6/9/11 12:36 PM) Reply
I passed over this pattern many times but your photo makes me want to pick it up and give it a try, thanks!
SewSho said... (6/9/11 11:52 AM) Reply
Great top!
TanyaDenise said... (6/9/11 11:35 AM) Reply
Very cute top.
marec said... (6/9/11 10:05 AM) Reply
haha, clever woman with the lego analogy. I love the top on you and the fit is perfection for your lean self. I have not made this pattern but have made others with a lining through the bust area. Modesty issue?
JanieBee said... (6/9/11 9:54 AM) Reply
In spite of its polyesterness, this looks wonderful on you! Great fit!
SewWil said... (6/9/11 9:50 AM) Reply
Very pretty top. I just picked up this pattern. Yours fits you very well. The lego picture made me laugh. Nice touch.
carolynw said... (6/9/11 9:06 AM) Reply
Great looking top - fit is perfect
sewbehind said... (6/9/11 8:36 AM) Reply
Lovely top on you. Check out The Sewing Lawyer's tutorial (blog) on the Jalie dress. She has a review here too. (Kay Y) She explains the technique they use on the Jalie dress. It might be just what you are looking for.
Amanda.Claire said... (6/9/11 8:22 AM) Reply
I'm so excited! This is so cute on you and I have the pattern! Giant facings....hmmmmm. Maybe binding or a narrow ribbing, would work better.
Knitz said... (6/9/11 8:17 AM) Reply
Very figure flattering -- nicely done! I hear you about ITY knits though -- although some do seem worse offenders than others, so don't give up on them all.
Nan Kay said... (6/9/11 8:07 AM) Reply
You got a great fit with this top! Another pattern that I need! Looks really good on you.
Gelbean said... (6/9/11 8:02 AM) Reply
Love your top! The fabric is really nice. The lego surprised me and I burst out in laughter.
sewingsilly said... (6/9/11 8:01 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic! Nice print too!!
SandyTaz said... (6/9/11 7:57 AM) Reply
Your top is so cute! It really looks nice. Good job!
Pattern Work