Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8726 (Misses' DressVery Easy Vogue)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:6/12/11 10:13 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
bananaoil said... (6/24/11 10:01 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great! Brave girl__ altering with those tricky pieces and choosing a knit instead--- brilliant.
mm said... (6/14/11 1:38 AM) Reply
I think you could start to consider yourself a dress person. Both dresses look great.
taylormade said... (6/13/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Well, I have to agree with everyone else. The dress looks really good on you and when I saw your shoes, it made me smile. Great look, and really good job with the dress. All your hard work shows!
JudyHan said... (6/13/11 12:01 PM) Reply
Those shoes are awesome!
JudyHan said... (6/13/11 12:01 PM) Reply
Those shoes are awesome!
DorothyK said... (6/13/11 10:35 AM) Reply
You have a lot of people saying they love the dress on you - including me. I think you look fabulous. I also love it with the black top. The nice think about wearing a dress with a top like that is the effect of a long slim line with no break at the waist. It's extremely flattering. Wear it!
MNBarb said... (6/13/11 7:28 AM) Reply
I am loving it on you. Did you SEE the photos? You look so super-stylish, especially with the ankle boots. The lines of this dress, with your black contrast piping are really flattering.
AuntieShel said... (6/13/11 7:15 AM) Reply
LOVE your dress and think you look fantastic in it. I have considered this pattern so appreciate your review and especially the heads up about where the side panels start, including your lightened pics. Shoes are to die for...
pdiddly said... (6/13/11 3:41 AM) Reply
I really like the dress and the fit is fantastic - also like the piping which defines the shape which without wouldn't show up with the pattern in fabric
rmusic1 said... (6/12/11 6:42 PM) Reply
I really like the fabric. I love vivid colours - there is enough grey in the world naturally, why add to it? You pull it off with style.
pegsewer said... (6/12/11 4:05 PM) Reply
I too think it looks really good by itself---the piping and the shoes really make it! luv that hair!
Dee2 said... (6/12/11 2:14 PM) Reply
I also love this dress on you--it is "sophisticated pretty" & quite flattering. The shoes are TDF. I wish that the JoAnns here had sweater knits--it was the perfect choice!
Ann Smith said... (6/12/11 2:13 PM) Reply
I think it looks good too. Maybe it is wearing that much of a print that bothers you. The wrap eliminates half of it. I know it bugs me to wear a bold print all over.
Riesie said... (6/12/11 1:25 PM) Reply
I think this is a lovely dress. I've had the same out-of-my-comfort-zone experience with a dress I made recently. One of the commenters gave me the good advice to just wear it a couple of times and see what other people say - if you get compliments, it really does flatter you and you should keep an open mind about it.
Sewiing Sue said... (6/12/11 11:31 AM) Reply
Generally I think more shape is more flattering and emphazing the shaping with piping provides a nice style addition. Great job with altering! P.S. Re your blog comment on mirrors--My Joann's has one mirror; the clerk didn't know where it was but took the time to find it for me. Mirrors are essential for holding up fabric next to one's face for skin-tone match.
Catbird said... (6/12/11 10:43 AM) Reply
I really like this on you! Love how the piping pulls things together, love the pattern changes you made, love the fit, the shoes, tights, haircut, everything!! And the wrap looks excellent with it, a completely different look. That b&w dress is very cool, too. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation! Thanks for the great review.
rutaliet said... (6/12/11 10:29 AM) Reply
I LOVE this style on you - it is incredibly flattering. Combined with the fabric, perfect fit and workmanship, this is a DYNAMITE garment on you.

Onion 5038