Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 0003 (Sorbetto)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:6/12/11 11:38 AM
Last Updated:6/14/11 9:29 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Athene said... (11/13/11 11:51 AM) Reply
A lovely fit. I think I must try this top too.
Sew Confused said... (8/1/11 0:03 AM) Reply
You added a center back seam for a sway back adjustment...I added one so I could make the top from a smaller piece of fabric. Yours looks great!
Terri A said... (6/16/11 2:42 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Cultured Purl said... (6/15/11 11:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review and the introduction to a new pattern line! You blouse is SO flattering on you! I went over to the website and saw the cutest little summer blouse w/ a peter pan collar,,,,,love the whole line! ( NOT what I need now, I promised myself to go on a pattern diet!)
Elona said... (6/14/11 12:08 PM) Reply
What a cute and becoming top, Patti!
Patti B said... (6/14/11 11:07 AM) Reply
Pterion, you need two lengths of 45 inch fabric so you could measure and see what that would be for you. If it's 60 inch fabric, I think you can make it out of a bit less with creative folding. My CB seam made it take less fabric also.
Christas said... (6/14/11 10:23 AM) Reply
How amazing that such a cute blouse pattern is free! Wow! This fits you wonderfully and looks great on you. I love your fabric choice!
pterion said... (6/14/11 10:16 AM) Reply
Love this! I plan to jump on this wagon too. The pattern recommends 1.5 yds of fabric for a size 10 but that sounds generous to me - do you think I could squeak this out of a yard?
JDpenelope said... (6/14/11 7:28 AM) Reply
Debbi -- I almost missed this review. I'm with Lynnelle in not wishing to tape a free pattern together. But, like others, I'm willing to try it if there's a possibility for NO FBA and a nice, fresh look like yours. These kind of rtw tops never fit me.
Debbie Cook said... (6/13/11 8:09 AM) Reply
Yours looks great! Love the polka-dots.
mssewcrazy said... (6/13/11 7:50 AM) Reply
Absolutely wonderful tank! People laugh at me for saying it but I think a great shell if one of the best sewing efforts time and money wise one can make. Rtw has nothing nice like this for layering. With a billion patterns I need to go get tape and print out pages.
Lynnelle said... (6/12/11 10:02 PM) Reply
I vowed never to tape multiple pages together for a pattern again. Now you're making me reconsider. Very nice top!
sew2little said... (6/12/11 7:10 PM) Reply
This looks great on you, Patti, and, as you know, I love that fabric!
Ericaeli said... (6/12/11 5:13 PM) Reply
I recently made this top up too, and loved the fit too. Yours looks really nice on you.
marec said... (6/12/11 3:45 PM) Reply
Great result on this free pattern! Wow.
JillyBe said... (6/12/11 2:29 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous! I've d'loaded it too; it will be my next project when I need a quick fix :)
Sewnsewmom said... (6/12/11 1:35 PM) Reply
I had heard about this top but didn't download it. Now after your review, I will. Very cute top. Thanks for the review!
michellep74 said... (6/12/11 1:14 PM) Reply
Very cute! I plan to make this soon.
stitchwitch said... (6/12/11 12:24 PM) Reply
Very pretty top!
Knitters Delight said... (6/12/11 11:59 AM) Reply
This really is a fabulous version of the Sorbetto top. I already have mine printed out, but need to cut it out and get to it.
sergette said... (6/12/11 11:54 AM) Reply
It's great how the choice of fabric can change the look completely.
sergette said... (6/12/11 11:54 AM) Reply
What a crisp Sorbetto! I am printing it out today...
Amanda.Claire said... (6/12/11 11:51 AM) Reply