Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2320 (Women's Jeans Jacket)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:6/12/11 5:52 PM
Last Updated:6/12/11 5:55 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

zoezmommy said... (3/19/13 9:52 AM) Reply
Your comments are very helpful. I will be applying them to another jeans jacket pattern...thanks
becca a said... (6/14/11 0:44 AM) Reply
What a great looking jean jacket. Thanks for all the details about sewing with a clapper. I will keep that in mind when I pull this pattern out of stash.
Margaret said... (6/13/11 3:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very informative review! Looks great on you!
marec said... (6/12/11 9:27 PM) Reply
This review should win an Oscar for Best Review. Totally helpful and informative. I love denim jackets and yours is no exception. Beautiful and professional work.
Lisa Laree said... (6/12/11 8:05 PM) Reply
Oh, Barb, you lined your jacket...maybe that was why the issues w/the front band didn't bother you? The lining would hide some of that....and, revelation hits...if I'd've folded under 5/8" on the band facing, I wouldn't have had any issued w/the top edge, either. :rolleyes:
Lisa Laree said... (6/12/11 8:03 PM) Reply
'Gorilla weight' - LOL, yeah, that's the truth! One of its recommended usages was 'home dec'...
MNBarb said... (6/12/11 7:52 PM) Reply
I must have been in la-la land when I made this. I don't remember having a problem with the front facing. I also didn't have a problem with the thickness of the fabric but you might have had some real "gorilla" weight denim. I sense you have some distance between your vision and your completed jacket but it doesn't scream made-at-home in the photo and looks good on you. It might have worn you out and after putting it in time-out you may have a new and better opinion of it's appearance.
Patti B said... (6/12/11 7:25 PM) Reply
What a great review covering all the good and bad bits. It looks good but I know what you mean about something not living up to your standards. I'm sure you felt less stressed as you used your clapper!
CarolynGM said... (6/12/11 6:26 PM) Reply
It looks great in the picture, so it ought to look good on a stage too. Thank you for a very helpful review, especially the technique for reducing bulk on the collar front edge.