Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> My Image Magazine> Spring/Summer 2011- M1115 (Dress with diagonal neckline)

Reviewed by:Ericaeli

About Ericaelistar
NV USA
Member since: 6/23/09
Posted on:6/13/11 4:48 PM
Last Updated:6/13/11 5:02 PM

Seamingly Simple said... (6/19/11 1:05 PM) Reply
I had a similar issue when I made this dress. The only bra that seems to work is a balcony bra.
Julia C said... (6/14/11 9:50 PM) Reply
That is really cute on you & the perfect length. It doesn't look too low to me either.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (6/14/11 5:52 PM) Reply
I love the fabric you chose. Perservere and wear this dress - it looks great on you!
sunnysewer said... (6/14/11 4:14 PM) Reply
Hey I like this - so glad to see a review as I purchased this issue of the magazine and have yet to sew anything, but I was thinking of this one. great easy wear summer dress, like the fabric too
Ericaeli said... (6/14/11 10:21 AM) Reply
squirrellypoo, the neckline wouldn't be so bad, but after checking 2 stores I couldn't find a bra that wouldn't show at least an inch at the top. I ended up using tape, and tucking the facings over the top of my bra. It's really only the corner that's too low. This was only supposed to be a muslin since I didn't think it would fit, so I don't mind making another in a brighter fabric. I might wear this to dinner again, and tape it.
squirrellypoo said... (6/14/11 7:06 AM) Reply
Super cute! The neckline doesn't look that low to me, but then again we tend to wear lower necklines in Europe without much problem. It's a shame to not wear this again just because of that though. Is there no fix to salvage it?
Karen6790 said... (6/13/11 11:00 PM) Reply
I have this issue and was considering this dress. Thanks for the warning on the neckline. Your dress looks great, I agree that you should make another one now that you know how you want to change it up. Happy anniversary.
michellep74 said... (6/13/11 10:14 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! Definitely make another one now that you know what tweaks you want to make.
treefrog said... (6/13/11 8:21 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! and Happy Anniversary. I think it would make a great top too.

by: chika85