Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4097 (Women's Tunic, Shorts & Capris)

Reviewed by:Craftscout

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

rubyintherough said... (7/23/13 1:15 PM) Reply
It seems that I am now where you were then and I'm doing the same....."I am also trying to keep to the mantra, "Sew for the size you are NOW", which means I need to teach myself pattern alteration."
Craftscout said... (6/26/11 9:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the positivity! I think the next time I make this pattern, I might taper them a smidge more towards the knee, but I will probably see how they look after a couple of washings first. I want a pair in denim next! :)
KensingtonCrab said... (6/26/11 10:01 AM) Reply
Congrats on starting the wardrobe change! Very inspiring. The shorts are classic! And love the shoes too!
waikikimum said... (6/26/11 7:08 AM) Reply
Congratulations. As a bigger woman myself I understand the need for pattern alterations. I am learning all the time and can at least wear something that fits better than RTW does. Before you know it you will have a wardrobe full of clothes.
ButtonFaith said... (6/25/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Such a good, informative review...and only your second one! Your capris came out great...how brave of you to sew pants while you're teaching yourself to sew! you can be proud!
cmarie12 said... (6/25/11 10:10 PM) Reply
You did a great job on these pants! And you will end up having a great wardrobe staple when these are completed!
fourkid said... (6/25/11 9:40 PM) Reply
Congrtaulations on beginning garment sewing. It is so nice to have well fitting clothes no matter what the size - and as a plus size myself I rarely find that in rtw. No more shoulders falling half way down my arms!
Craftscout said... (6/22/11 7:55 AM) Reply
Yup, this should get edited this weekend, as I only have to finish the hems.
Cocoyorkie said... (6/21/11 1:21 PM) Reply
Great review.....I have this pattern in my stash....I would love to see a picture of your finished garment.....hopefully you will consider posting one when you make the next pair.....Thank you for the review.

by: nowak