Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2174 (Misses')

Reviewed by:Picnicfan

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

sewingcanary said... (10/30/14 3:47 AM) Reply
Funny your review didnít come up when I searched this pattern months ago. I love pockets and was pleased to find a dress with nice big ones. I havenít sewn it yet. Your comments are well founded re facings and zipper etc. I agree, it would be nice if they showed more than one picture. Unfortunately, I donít think they stop to consider the fact that printed instructions are how a lot of people learn to sew. Iím curious if you made one in silk. Have you considered Silk Noile/Noil? Once itís been washed a few times it gets soft and cozy [pre-shrink at least twice as it sometimes shrinks a fair bit]. Itís great for ďiffyĒ weather as it keeps you warm if the weather is cool and keeps you cool if the weather is warm. You could keep the pockets too.
Sherril Miller said... (7/24/11 6:07 PM) Reply
Great dress. I'm thinking about making it. I'd love to see a photo of you looking fab wearing it.
Aroura said... (6/23/11 0:06 AM) Reply
So cute! I have this pattern, and have been waiting for a review, so thanks very much. I love the pockets, big bonus to me. Your fabric is perfect!
Picnicfan said... (6/17/11 4:18 PM) Reply
Thanks to everyone for your comments. I was also worried about the pockets but they turned out OK. The pattern is worth having as there are a few different options.
whirrclunk said... (6/16/11 5:06 PM) Reply
I've just added this to my wish list after reading your review! Great fabric, and the pockets lie better than I would have guessed from the line drawings.
cmarie12 said... (6/16/11 12:06 PM) Reply
This is a great review of this dress and on the hanger it's lovely. But I bet you look amazing in it in real life!
Sheila457 said... (6/15/11 7:54 AM) Reply