Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1242 (Misses' DressKay Unger)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:6/15/11 11:25 AM

lamstu said... (9/3/12 5:29 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress. I just picked it for DD to wear in a wedding party - next March. I'll get going on it soon, now knowing how much work it will be. You look so beautiful in the photos in your beautiful dress!!!!!
Braemar said... (3/11/12 7:59 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Thank you for this review. I am just about to embark on this project for my own sons wedding! I hope mine looks as good as yours! Did you underline it and if so with what? I am concerned the silk will wrinkle.
Marla1 said... (7/16/11 11:04 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. It fits very well.
mesewlot said... (6/29/11 7:55 AM) Reply
Wow! You did a superb job on this dress, I love the fit ,color, and the brooch you added...the fit is impeccable!!
Mahler said... (6/21/11 10:44 PM) Reply
This is certainly THE most beautiful pieces I have seen. The dress is out-of-this-world. Chic, incredibly nicely fitted, gorgeous, excellent workmanship and the words are lacking !!! Sublime !
SewWil said... (6/19/11 7:41 PM) Reply
WOW!!! Your effort paid off. Your dress is stunning. Perfect match of fabric and pattern. I LOVE IT!!!!!
waltzqueen said... (6/19/11 1:47 PM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely beautiful and the fabric is perfect. I love the brooch on the sash for an elegant touch. You must have received many compliments!
rozzybabe said... (6/18/11 11:54 AM) Reply
You worked hard & you looked absolutely beautiful! I read many of your reviews, you're a talented sewer. I'm sure you looked as stunning as the bride! Congratulations on making a fabulous drss & acquiring a new daughter!
Kay Y said... (6/16/11 10:33 PM) Reply
That is one beautiful dress Christa!
Terri A said... (6/16/11 2:49 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! YOu look so lovely and the color of the silk looks so divine! Beautiful!
Christas said... (6/16/11 2:05 PM) Reply
Thanks SOOOO much for all the really nice comments!!! Sew it Seams, I used a brooch (also from my dear friend, Annette!) instead of an applique for the sash.
pdiddly said... (6/16/11 1:46 PM) Reply
congratulations on your son's wedding and the dress. You deserve a medal going through all those steps and the dress looks fantastic.
Sew it seams said... (6/16/11 1:10 PM) Reply
Wow! You are gorgeous! And so is the dress!! I love it. I have to have this pattern. I will make it for myself and save it for..... I have no idea, but I just love it! Where did you purchase the applique? Or did you make it?
Barbara V said... (6/16/11 1:07 PM) Reply
Christa, first of all I want to say Congratulations on your son's wedding and very happy occasion! How wonderful that you sewed a most beautiful and perfect dress for yourself. So special too was the involvement and support of your dear friends in the selection of dress and style. You did an absolutely outstanding job and you look so amazingly beautiful in it and so happy. "Joy"
Cathee said... (6/16/11 12:46 PM) Reply
You look so amazing!! Actually, you look better than the models on the pattern envelope (I mean it!). The fabric is a great choice (love the pale pink silk) and I am very inspired by your beautiful brooch. It looks you had a great time, too! (What a gorgeous family you have!)
janet said... (6/16/11 11:45 AM) Reply
You look BREATHTAKING in your dress! It is truly PERFECTION in fit and construction!! Kudos. I hope you enjoy wearing this CLASSIC for many years.
DorothyK said... (6/16/11 10:48 AM) Reply
An absolutely stunning dress on a beautiful lady. You shine in that dress. What a good job you did. All that time and effort certainly paid off.
QueenZ said... (6/16/11 10:17 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and think it is elegant, but this color makes it even more elegant, well done!
FreyaStark said... (6/16/11 2:54 AM) Reply
A really lovely dress.
MarianS said... (6/16/11 1:30 AM) Reply
Drop dead gorgeous! Brilliant work!
Karen Easter said... (6/16/11 0:57 AM) Reply
The always-gorgeous Christa in an amazingly gorgeous dress! Fantastic! And... way to go, Annette and Karen! And wow, that's your dad? I thought he was your brother.
Red Curtain said... (6/15/11 10:41 PM) Reply
How especially pretty on you. You will be perfect as mother of the groom. I think it is neat that this is your most favorite garment the you have sewn ever.
cabrewer82 said... (6/15/11 10:16 PM) Reply
You look stunning!
cabrewer82 said... (6/15/11 10:15 PM) Reply
You look stunning!
carolynw said... (6/15/11 10:15 PM) Reply
Christa this is so beautiful - I love the colour on you - the shoes are to die for and your smile makes everything absolutely perfect. Wonderful work and isn't it nice to have your son married and settling down? Been there so know how it feels
Ericaeli said... (6/15/11 10:12 PM) Reply
You look beautiful in your dress.
JoanneM said... (6/15/11 9:39 PM) Reply
Your dress is more beautiful than the pattern picture. Simply lovely. Well done!
JanJanB said... (6/15/11 9:04 PM) Reply
Stunning. Absolutely stunning.........and the shoes are purrfect.
Sweetheart3 said... (6/15/11 8:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love reading your reviews and looking at your pictures. Fun!
Amanda.Claire said... (6/15/11 8:03 PM) Reply
Soooo beautiful!
Sewiing Sue said... (6/15/11 7:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I like the sarong look to the skirt. Actually I like everything about the dress!
cmarie12 said... (6/15/11 7:16 PM) Reply
You look absolutely fabulous in this dress!
CynthiaSue said... (6/15/11 7:14 PM) Reply
i would have kicked you in the pants too to sew a dress!! It's a beauty. I bet you were the best dressed there.
homejewel said... (6/15/11 6:58 PM) Reply
What a stunning dress. The silk is an amazing color on you. I'm glad Annette intervened - lol. What a great story to go along with your beautiful dress and great occasion.
cleverkitty said... (6/15/11 6:52 PM) Reply
I have to admit I was wondering if you made a dress for yourself for the Wedding. When it came to my mailbox that you wrote a review I said YES THIS IS IT!!! So glorious and impressive this dress is on you and your family looks wonderful thanks for the photo's. You have had a lot of commitment making dresses this year you deserve the best Mom Award!
Paris75008 said... (6/15/11 4:56 PM) Reply
What an absolutely beautiful dress (and MOG, too). The pale pink silk is just the most perfect fabric for that dress. I also love the pin you used to hold the drape in place. Well worth those 65 steps!
mochimo said... (6/15/11 4:42 PM) Reply
This dress is really fabulous! And you look fabulous in it!
Ann Smith said... (6/15/11 4:01 PM) Reply
Fantastic! Gorgeous color and fabric. Perfect design. What a beautiful MOG.
AnneMarie60 said... (6/15/11 3:26 PM) Reply
Wow! You've made so many gorgeous garments, but this dress is couture perfection! You look beautiful. I am so proud for your family!
Brides Mom said... (6/15/11 3:21 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress! Congratulations on your son's marriage and the completion of obviously a super challenging project. Stunning project!
MelissaB in WA said... (6/15/11 3:12 PM) Reply
Wow, that is the best mother of the groom dress ever! You look more than gorgeous!
livelife said... (6/15/11 2:28 PM) Reply
Great style and fabric and you look so lovely in it!
Claverie said... (6/15/11 2:28 PM) Reply
Very nice, sharp and 'rich'... great shoe match too ;) ... *I* think you should make another in a hot deep color ... red. Very nice looking dress.
Catbird said... (6/15/11 2:08 PM) Reply
Christa, what a spectacular piece of work this is! Annette picked exactly the right word -- resplendent -- as well as picking exactly the right fabric for this gorgeous dress! And those shoes are perfect with it. I LOVE all the pictures. You look like you love what you're wearing and that's the essence of style.
portercs said... (6/15/11 1:55 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress - just perfect for the MOG!
sew2little said... (6/15/11 1:48 PM) Reply
A perfect dress for someone I suspect will be a perfect mother-in-law! You look absolutely beautiful in your exquisite dress.
Rikki23 said... (6/15/11 1:28 PM) Reply
It's beautiful!! And looks amazing on you!!!
Ejegmama said... (6/15/11 1:15 PM) Reply
You look beautiful. I think it was worth all 65 steps.
Annette1 said... (6/15/11 1:06 PM) Reply
Christa, I've never seen a prettier dress NOR have I seen a prettier woman WEARING such a dress, and that's not because I'm biased, either! Your wedding outfit is a work of art, resplendent with EXCEPTIONAL tailoring and fit details. I hope you'll display this on Meggie's dress form for a while, so you can enjoy it even longer. THANKS for including Karen and I in SO MUCH FUN, getting ready for the wedding. I'm STILL ticked at myself that I didn't send you a tiara! Heh-heh-heh. :o)
MNBarb said... (6/15/11 12:25 PM) Reply
You look so glamorous in this dress. It was the right decision to make something really special for this important day. When I look at the photos, it's obvious you are feeling beautiful and rightfully so. Congrats on a job well done!
Karendee said... (6/15/11 12:12 PM) Reply
What an amazing dress for an amazing woman. You are absolutely beautiful in every way and glow in your blush pink dupioni dress. Elegant as always, I bet you were the most beautiful MOG ever. Your workman and final product is quite couture.
CarolynGM said... (6/15/11 11:58 AM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely sensational - color, fabric, style, and above all, perfect fit. It was clearly worth working your way through all 65 construction steps. I am very impressed!
marec said... (6/15/11 11:45 AM) Reply
You look lovely in this dress-how wonderful to have such thoughtful friends. Your sewing skills always amaze me and this is such a beautiful dress .
Aixoise said... (6/15/11 11:38 AM) Reply
Stunning mother of the groom. The dress is lovely in every way: fit, color, fabrication. And the pin is the perfect touch. Congratulations on your success.
Gelbean said... (6/15/11 11:32 AM) Reply
All the time it took to sew up was well worth the end result. The dress is lovely and looks beautiful on you.

by: Missland1