Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2172 (misses costume)

Reviewed by:jmma

About jmmastar
Member since: 5/24/11

Posted on:6/15/11 12:03 PM
Last Updated:6/15/11 12:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Costumes
Mieuw said... (1/28/12 11:03 AM) Reply
Unfortunately the links to the photos won't work. I'd love to see the final result :) I'm about to make this coat/skirt for myself, I can't wait to have it finished :)
Princess Aurora said... (7/18/11 7:32 PM) Reply
BTW what part of AZ?
Princess Aurora said... (7/18/11 7:32 PM) Reply
Ahem, Jealous, party of one? Awesome workmanship! I have this in my stash as well, I just might be brave enough to cut out and give this pattern a whirl! Thanks for the review!
Pinkpegasus said... (6/23/11 1:53 AM) Reply
I LOVE everything about this. All that work was worth it.
BenaeQuee said... (6/21/11 7:43 PM) Reply
That is beautiful! I love the colors especially! It's nice to see a review of this pattern since I want to use it as a base for a friend's custom steam punk costume.
lbreton said... (6/21/11 5:32 PM) Reply
I'm putting together a couple of steampunk costumes. I saw this pattern and I'm glad to read your review. I think I'm gonna make the jacket out of teal taffeta. I've already used it to make my underskirt. Thanks for the review!
rozzybabe said... (6/18/11 11:48 AM) Reply
Fabulous look, obviously tons of detailed sewing. Great job, I hope you get to wear it!
sewbarbie said... (6/17/11 5:20 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this. The fabric and color choice make a beautiful outfit.
The Funky Seamstress said... (6/16/11 11:36 PM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous dress! I love the irridescent taffeta, and I love the lacing at the back. Unfreakingbelievable!!! :D
jmma said... (6/16/11 4:28 PM) Reply
manybellsdown: I used a different lining material, and no, it doesn't show all that much.
manybellsdown said... (6/16/11 2:21 PM) Reply
I've made the bustier, and I'm about to embark on the coat, but I wanted to ask you: did you line it with the same material? How much does the coat lining show? I'm not planning on making the skirt so I'm debating what to line it with. It's such a fun pattern and a cool fabric. I love the material you used to for ruffle too.
Trinity. said... (6/16/11 10:16 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous! I'm just on my way today to JoAnn's to pick this pattern up, I'm so glad I got to see your review first. You did an awesome job!
jmma said... (6/16/11 9:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comments. I appreciate the encouragement.
RottenTots said... (6/16/11 9:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I'm crazy for the design elements in Steampunk and you did an amazing job with this dress.
DreinPA said... (6/16/11 9:03 AM) Reply
I know this might sound dopey, but in addition to being an awesome piece of work, I was impressed with your pressing. The second thing I thought about when I saw this was just how much ironing it must take (the first was how much I wanted to try it on).
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/16/11 8:25 AM) Reply
WOW! great job, your fabric choice really makes it over the top. I'd be hard pressed to part with such a dress after working so hard on it.
Amanda.Claire said... (6/16/11 8:00 AM) Reply
Amazing! That was a load of work. Congratulations on a beautiful product.
margk said... (6/16/11 4:17 AM) Reply
Amazing!
Red Curtain said... (6/15/11 10:36 PM) Reply
Very cool. Very cool.
Claverie said... (6/15/11 2:15 PM) Reply
WOW! Your skill definitely shows through this project.
Christas said... (6/15/11 1:04 PM) Reply
Very nice workmanship! Amazing dress!
Trephas2003 said... (6/15/11 12:26 PM) Reply