Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2029 (Robe)

Reviewed by:Katharine in BXL

About Katharine in BXLstar
Member since: 8/1/03
Posted on:8/29/04 11:03 AM
Last Updated:12/27/06 10:15 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Vesta Patterns

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

Katharine in BXL said... (12/28/06 6:54 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Seersucker robes are great, try them. Sue, moving is my second hobby after sewing.
drsue said... (12/27/06 9:23 PM) Reply
Terrific!!!! You really do get around the world, don't you? Lucky.
Ronda Rae said... (12/27/06 5:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I was just tell DH that I need a light robe for the warmer weather because all I have is fleece or terry. Great idea about the seersucker. I was trying to figure out what would be a good choice and seersucker never came to mind!!
Rhoda K said... (12/27/06 4:05 PM) Reply
Great review/tips and a happy looking couple pleased with their gift. I made myself a seersucker robe some years ago and I don't think it will ever die!! I may make another just from the sheer boredom of wearing the same one ;-)
PVA said... (12/27/06 11:07 AM) Reply
'Way to go, Katherine -- the seersucker robe is a real winner! These look great, I'm sure they loved them. Thanks for the review.
appleC said... (12/27/06 10:45 AM) Reply
What a great gift! I like your fabric choice.
Katharine in BXL said... (8/30/04 4:07 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Tini, what a great compliment.
Tini said... (8/29/04 1:37 PM) Reply
wow, what a great gift. I bet my DILs would love some too :) I love your creations and that you are not afraid to let the instructions say what they want and just do your own thing!
Mini said... (8/29/04 1:16 PM) Reply
This is indeed an excellent pattern that works nicely in many fabrics. A bonus is that there is nothing specifically "female" about the design, so it could be made for smaller men and boys as well. In the right fabric, it makes a nice unstructured jacket too.
JDpenelope said... (8/29/04 11:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and it made up so nicely and economically--thanks to creativity during layout. This does look like a nice pattern for gift-giving. No wonder dmil likes it.
Jennifer shaw said... (8/29/04 11:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I appreciate all of the helpful tips and suggestions.
alicia said... (8/29/04 11:30 AM) Reply
Great review - very interesting that you were able to cut the front band on the crossgrain! Thank you for all your details and suggestions.
CarolynGM said... (8/29/04 11:27 AM) Reply
This is a wonderful pattern. I have made the ladies' version twice now and the men's version (a different pattern) once.

Oliver + S Cozy Winter Hood