Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8634 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

boutiquefabric.com

High end fashion fabrics

Zaneta said... (1/31/12 6:21 AM) Reply
I think your top is stunning... I love the A-line version and I think it compliments the horizontal line under the bust... this is lovely I am going to make this one up and also do the same ... gorgeous
marec said... (11/17/11 11:26 AM) Reply
I love all of your projects and this is no exception. It is distinctive and flattering.
jlg said... (11/13/11 5:40 PM) Reply
This is lovely. I've just started this and hope mine is as flattering.
Maree P said... (6/18/11 6:58 PM) Reply
I think it looks lovely on you Carolyn. And white suits you beautifully.
renren said... (6/17/11 7:02 PM) Reply
I think it looks quite nice. I like the line provided by the horizontal seam although I can imagine it getting lost in a print. With a solid color, as you have used, it adds a bit of interest and I like the hard edginess of the line in contrast to the cowl collar. Also, I was just thinking the other day how often I wish I had used a drapier fabric for a project. You almost never hear anyone say, oh, the fabric was too drapey. I guess I should only drag drapey fabrics home from now on! I guess that is the lesson to be learned! Enjoy your lovely top and I do hope you come to like it.
sewbarbie said... (6/17/11 5:32 PM) Reply
The top is so chic on you, great job!
pdiddly said... (6/17/11 2:39 AM) Reply
Despite your reservations I think the top looks fine and I am sure you will find yourself wearing it more often than you think.
AnneMarie60 said... (6/16/11 2:28 PM) Reply
A very flattering cowl top. At least you ended up with a wearable top, even if you weren't completely satisfied. I can see the horizontal seam offering an easy option to create a color-blocked top or dress.
nicegirl said... (6/16/11 2:21 PM) Reply
The cowl is very chic, but that horizontal seam is a puzzler! If there is no shaping, why did they put it in there??? Well, you can't go wrong with a classic white top.
CarolynGM said... (6/16/11 9:42 AM) Reply
I saw your dress Christa. In fact, that's such a good idea that I just might try it.
Christas said... (6/16/11 9:13 AM) Reply
Very nice looking top. I lengthened this pattern into a dress and wore it so often when the weather was cooler. Your version looks great, and I am sure you will get lots of wear out of it!

by: jlg