Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V1129 (Donna Karan Collection)

Reviewed by:genierita

About genierita
Member since: 5/11/11
Posted on:6/18/11 6:37 AM
Last Updated:6/20/11 8:25 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Danvillegirl said... (6/20/11 7:11 PM) Reply
I have had this pattern forever and yet to make it. Your version is very inspiring!
carolynw said... (6/20/11 5:52 PM) Reply
I love your coat - so glad you got the photo larger - first time reviews are always a little harder but you did agreat job - I would never have looked at thsi pattern but now that I see it made up on PR I think I must get it - different - a bit dramatic and very nice.
SewWil said... (6/20/11 5:01 PM) Reply
Your coat turned out great!
sewbarbie said... (6/20/11 12:58 PM) Reply
Wow! You made a beautiful coat, I love the fabric and color.
ArtAttack said... (6/20/11 10:02 AM) Reply
Great coat! Don't you love it when a test garment gets worn?!
genierita said... (6/20/11 9:40 AM) Reply
Hi All - I have finally (I think) mastered linking to bigger photos and have replaced the tiny ones. Let me know if they are not OK now...I'm a review virgin... You can see the full size ones in my gallery if all else fails. Cheers. Rita
CissieW said... (6/20/11 9:39 AM) Reply
Great looking coat. Thanks for a helpful review.
Karen61 said... (6/20/11 0:18 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review, genierita! I too live in Australia, have obtained this pattern and am just awaiting the arrival of some fabric before I set to. I have some concerns though about the closure of the coat at the bottom of the opening. On some of the other reviews for it it looked like some weight might be needed so that it hangs straight. Did you have problems with this aspect?
sewbarbie said... (6/19/11 3:59 PM) Reply
I would LOVE to see this wonderful coat but the pictures are too tiny. I have been dying to see this made up.
becca a said... (6/19/11 10:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the great information. I, too, wish you had larger pictures.
JEF said... (6/19/11 8:08 AM) Reply
Congrats on the first review! You gave a lot of good info. Can I ask how the sizing worked? You don't have to give your numbers but something like "I made the size indicated for my bust measurement and it fit [well, too big, too small ...].
genierita said... (6/19/11 3:24 AM) Reply
Thanks Nancy - I am still a bit confused with the resizing of was OK but that one isn't. I will replace it with (hopefully) a bigger one. Also I can't find the template for completing reviews! Mine ended up a blurb - not like other peoples! I will investigate further for next time. Rita
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/18/11 11:24 AM) Reply
Can you resize your close up detail? these old eyes cant see what you are showing..
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/18/11 11:23 AM) Reply
I am thrilled to learn more about this design.. I liked it the moment it came out, but was not so sure about the 'reality' of it ... thanks for all the pointers. Not sure I will ever make it, but someone else will certainly benefit from your first hand knowledge... thanks! Looks great!

by: 1SewSweet