Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5424 (Square poncho)

Reviewed by:Yakityak

About Yakityakstar
Member since: 8/16/03
Posted on:8/30/04 3:54 AM

AnneM said... (8/30/04 7:17 PM) Reply
You are right, it's cute - even with the sweat pants. Great review.
Yakityak said... (8/30/04 11:05 AM) Reply
No, the pattern didn't specify french seams. But they're easy enough to do, and it was sort of obvious that I'd want a nice finish on the inside so I just did them. Glad I did! And I meant to write this one up sooner because I love it so, but we just wen tthrough a cross country move... and in the meantime the pattern went out of print. :-( FWIW, view A of Simplicity 5309 looks very similar to the over-the-head style of this poncho, and the open front hooded variety is an easy modification of that. One of the views on Butterick 3975 looks to be identical to the version I made.
alicia said... (8/30/04 9:39 AM) Reply
I am sorry this is out of print - after your detailed review I would have looked for it!! :) The fabric sounds amazing - I love wool knits! I am interested in knowing if the review indicated french seams or if that was your addition? I'd really love to see pics of the inside. Thanks so much!!
cindyann said... (8/30/04 8:05 AM) Reply
Very nice poncho and how wonderful that they are back in style. A real bonus for nursing moms.
JDpenelope said... (8/30/04 7:23 AM) Reply
Nice job on the poncho and on your thorough review. Too bad this pattern is out of print. Even though poncho patterns are easy to make (they say), I'd feel more comfortable starting with something, then tweaking it.

More Knits