Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5001 (European Pant)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:8/30/04 11:51 AM
Last Updated:8/30/04 11:51 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

Diane E said... (10/24/11 8:54 AM) Reply
Hi grammy27, I'm so glad I could help. Can't wait to see your Euros!
grammy27 said... (10/23/11 10:54 PM) Reply
Your review made my night. I made a pair of this pattern yesterday. They fit beautifully, but the the zipper closure was a nightmare. I am going to add the extra inch as you did, which will solve the problem. Was ready to do that anyway, but not sure if I was even doing the zipper application right at all, since it was so unprofessional looking. Thanks again!
kiddo said... (1/2/07 5:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for your tip as well as the conversation when you wrote the tip. It is still current.
Gigi Louis said... (9/6/04 1:12 PM) Reply
Awesome!
Rebecca D said... (8/31/04 8:09 AM) Reply
Your pants look wonderful and thanks so much for all the tips. I think this might be the weekend I actually get to this pattern and work on it. I am curious about what sort of silk you use for the pants liner, as I have some wools I want to *whip* up this fall (thinking positively). TIA
MaryBeth said... (8/31/04 1:38 AM) Reply
Great tip on removing the extra back fabric, Diane. I wasn't aware of this tip before and had struggled with explanations in trying to help others. But here you had it published, complete with pictures all along. Thanks for bringing it back up this summer. I think your RTW pants look elegant on you and hope that the "Diane E version" of this pattern gets perfected quickly and easily.
ChrisK said... (8/31/04 1:06 AM) Reply
Diane, thanks for the info on width and ease . I'm going to order this pattern and try the same method on my next pair of pants
sewsue said... (8/31/04 0:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. Your pants look great. I have made this pattern and took out quite a bit of width in the legs as I am only 5'3 and was absolutely swamped with the full width pant legs. My pants still hang nicely from the hips which is what I liked about the pattern when I purchased it. I like the tip about the zipper application with a button at the top. Thanks.
KristenI said... (8/31/04 0:31 AM) Reply
Wow, very nice results! Thank you for giving us all the tips. I will definately need to get this pattern.
jlg said... (8/30/04 8:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants, Diane. Thanks for reminding me about this pattern.
Karla Kizer said... (8/30/04 8:48 PM) Reply
I tried this pattern, but couldn't make it work for me. I sure envy those of you who can wear this style; it's so elegant. How nice that you had the RTW version to copy. They look great, Diane.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (8/30/04 6:01 PM) Reply
Very nice, and the wide legs and relatively higher waistline (compared to the lower rise styles popular the past few years) are all the rage for autumn. Thanks for the tip on the zipper and waistline closure.
Diane E said... (8/30/04 1:58 PM) Reply
Hi all, thanks for your encouragement. Yes, Karen, it's so much fun to be back at the machine after a Camp Mommy summer! Chris, hem width varies from 21.50 (XXS) to 24.50 (XXL) minus seam allowances (3/8"). My math says this is 20" to 23" hem width, XXS to XXL). Also, no problem with easing the slightly longer front inseam to the back. This causes the back to cup under the bum a bit, reducing the extra fabric that tends to accumulate there.
Lori V said... (8/30/04 1:30 PM) Reply
nice looking pants, Diane
ChrisK said... (8/30/04 1:27 PM) Reply
These are good looking pants. I think I need to make the excess fabric adjustment. Do you have any problems easing in the excess fullness in the front inside leg seam? Also the pattern link doesn't give the lower leg width. How wide are they at the hem please? Thanks for the detailed review.
Karen Bowers said... (8/30/04 1:01 PM) Reply
diane, i'm glad you're getting back into the whole sewing thing!
AuntieShel said... (8/30/04 12:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. Very nice looking pants.
Doris Stewart said... (8/30/04 12:04 PM) Reply
Great reveiw - thank you.

Sewing Workshop Mimosa Top & Pants Pattern