Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7883 (Very Easy Vogue)

Reviewed by:ChrisK

Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
Vintage Joan said... (9/26/07 12:23 PM) Reply
Pretty funky style -- nice job!
barbaraqew said... (9/24/04 6:30 PM) Reply
This is the pattern I plan on making next. I bought a size 14 because my memory tells me Vogue always runs small and I have a large bust. But I wear a size 8 - 10 in ready wear. Now I'm thinking it will swim on me!
Margi said... (9/23/04 12:58 PM) Reply
That blouse is adorable! Well, at least it looks comfortable!! I'm surprised that the linen feels so stiff...it looks like a light weight.
mm said... (9/22/04 2:27 AM) Reply
A very nice top. I went out at lunchtime and bought the pattern. I hope mine turns out as well.
Elemenopeo said... (9/21/04 11:00 AM) Reply
I love the style. I think I have something similar in a McCalls Sewing with Nancy pattern...will have to hunt.
LiZ said... (9/21/04 3:00 AM) Reply
I like your top as well and the neckline suits you. It looks very smart on you.
layla said... (9/20/04 8:33 PM) Reply
I agree this looks better than the pattern drawing. Very nice on you. I almost bought this one and now you have convinced me. It looks great in linen. Wonder if a silky lightweight fabric would work also.
Izzie said... (9/20/04 4:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I think the neckline is very flattering on you. Thanks for the review!
JDpenelope said... (9/20/04 9:55 AM) Reply
Love the top, didn't make me think of the dentist, either. Might have to get this pattern--very stylish, but with a comfortable fit.
Skymom said... (9/20/04 9:02 AM) Reply
I like this top a lot, and the white is good--not dental at all, although maybe dentists dress differently in the UK? To me this is very chic in a Japanese-designerish way.
cindyann said... (9/20/04 7:39 AM) Reply
Very interesting and cute top. I agree, the neckline is great on you.
Annette H said... (9/20/04 7:27 AM) Reply
No dentist associations for me - on the contrary, I like the rather severe but interesting detail of the overlapping front. Yours is much better than the Vogue drawing. And then linen is a fine choice for the design. A useful review.
Hilary said... (9/20/04 6:51 AM) Reply
I like your top-it looks better than the pattern drawing! I like the white :o) and it didn't make me think of the dentist, lol.
jlg said... (9/20/04 5:07 AM) Reply
Cute top. The neckline is very pretty on you.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns