Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8663 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:cleverkitty

About cleverkittystarstarstar
OH United States
Member since: 8/22/07
Posted on:6/21/11 8:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
waltzqueen said... (6/22/11 6:37 PM) Reply
Super cute dress! You look Faubulous daaaling.
MNBarb said... (6/22/11 6:23 PM) Reply
Looks like you're having fun yukking it up in the yard in your new, super-cute dress. I happen to have this pattern and will take your review as inspiration. I also might have to get down to Joann's for that lining fabric. Is it also going to stretch and get longer or is it more stable? Why don't I have this Vogue cardi pattern?
VirginiasDghter said... (6/22/11 4:37 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love the print of the fabric. The dress looks so comforable and cool. Pefect for the summer!
nicegirl said... (6/22/11 10:56 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress! Your fitting work really paid off.
JudyHan said... (6/22/11 10:41 AM) Reply
I have used the same fabric for lining a dress and have recently found a jersey that is 3.5 oz per yard. I ordered 10 yards of it!! (Highend Fabrics on Etsy or Ebay). Thanks for the review!
Christas said... (6/22/11 9:01 AM) Reply
How very cute! I really love your fabric choice for this dress. The jacket addition makes a wonderful outfit, too!
Karine said... (6/22/11 8:49 AM) Reply
Your dress looks so much better than the pattern illustration. The skirt drapes nicely and accommodates a lot of fabric without it looking full and bunchy. Great choice of fabric! I like your approach to the lining.
hme75 said... (6/21/11 11:59 PM) Reply
I just love that fabric! This is a beautiful dress and it looks fantastic with the cardigan. I have this pattern and was planning on making the long sleeved version for fall. I might have to pick up the cardigan pattern as well! Great review. Thanks!
ArtAttack said... (6/21/11 11:15 PM) Reply
You look adorable in this dress!
SewWil said... (6/21/11 11:02 PM) Reply
I LOVE this dress. Looks great with the cardigan as well as by itself. I completely missed this pattern.
Hilary said... (6/21/11 9:23 PM) Reply
Love your dress!! Thanks for the review :o)
Heatherrique said... (6/21/11 8:57 PM) Reply
I adore your uplifting dress in a sleeveless version! You inspired me to add this to my wishlist!
Sewiing Sue said... (6/21/11 8:54 PM) Reply
Great color match on the dress and cadigan. I like the way you slashed and sewed the darts. Thanks for the tip. Nice job!
Sue Parrott said... (6/21/11 8:31 PM) Reply
This is so cute! I love the fabric you choose! Nice!

Onion 5038