Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2369 (Misses' Dress & Separates)

Reviewed by:dillyo

About dillyostar
SWITZERLAND
Member since: 4/5/07

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:6/22/11 8:38 AM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
jenfromzen said... (8/1/11 9:32 PM) Reply
Very nice, like the cute pattern, I have this and was looking to see if I should bother trying to make it and I do like how some came out but I'm still wondering if it will be too much for me because I would need like a size 4 and this starts at 8 so do I bother? I want make a knit dress like this and I can't find a single pattern that starts at 4, even for the knit tops mostly, I think simp project runway is the only one consistently making patterns in a 4, but I think with them I'm a 6 or between 4 and 6, I dunno, I'm still trying figure it out, ut I know the 8 will be huge esp since you said it runs huge and I'm not even an 8 to begin with in any of the pattern companies, ugh. If anyone knows of a similar pattern that even comes in a 6, please let me know if there's a way to contact me on here, thx.
Obrooks770 said... (6/23/11 5:21 PM) Reply
Your dress looks really great on you, I like the print of the fabric. Through it was as test garment it turned out really well.
JuanitaVA said... (6/22/11 10:34 PM) Reply
Cute dress. It looks great on you.
MNBarb said... (6/22/11 6:04 PM) Reply
I'm always "iffy" with raglan sleeves but, for what it's worth, I think the dress looks fantastic on you.
VirginiasDghter said... (6/22/11 4:46 PM) Reply
This turned out great! Nice work!
dillyo said... (6/22/11 2:10 PM) Reply
Haha - that is very true! Sleeves probably look slightly better on my arms than sleeveless, but I hate hate hate setting in sleeves, but actually really enjoyed putting these in, quite a doddle!
myeclecticmess said... (6/22/11 1:08 PM) Reply
I almost bought this pattern recently then put it back figuring that I had plenty of wrap blouse/dress patterns in the stash. I may have to go back for it. I love that color on you. I think the extended tie is a fabulous idea. I like it BECAUSE it is a raglan sleeve, so much easier to put in than a set in! LOL
21wale said... (6/22/11 11:30 AM) Reply
Great dress! It looks lovely on you.
dillyo said... (6/22/11 11:29 AM) Reply
Thanks guys! I think I will try some more raglan sleeve patterns, I may have been unfairly biased against them...
SewWil said... (6/22/11 10:05 AM) Reply
Very nice dress. Thanks for mentioning the ties. That is a great idea.
nicegirl said... (6/22/11 10:01 AM) Reply
I think it suits you very well! Love your idea about the ties--I'll have to copy that!
Christas said... (6/22/11 9:13 AM) Reply
This dress looks TERRIFIC on you! The raglan sleeves are definitely a good look for you. What a smart construction detail to add the snap at the front. Love your fabric, too!
Gelbean said... (6/22/11 9:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! What a great idea to extend the ties to wrap around to define your waist. I think the raglan sleeves look good on you but I know we see ourselves differently than others see us.

BIRTH OF A BUSTIER - A CD Book by Kenneth King