Pattern Reviews> McCall's> *5664

Member since: 4/14/06
Posted on:6/22/11 12:18 PM
Last Updated:6/22/11 2:16 PM

SarahSews said... (6/23/11 6:23 AM) Reply
If this is any consolation, I don't think it makes me look pregnant and my husband would of been quick to say something. He really liked it, so I knew then, the top was okay. I am 5'2 and a half inches tall. And the reason I can even wear this size is that I lost 60 lbs since last December. I've been sewing all my life (you can tell I'm not young) and when I say first time for following's I can't remember when I've done that! This particular pattern needs that and do mark the pieces and they will line up and keep that iron handy. I go back and serge seams, pressing in direction that will allow for how it will look best when done (no bulkiness). Enjoy making it!
sarah121haras said... (6/22/11 10:59 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and every time I think I want to make it I am afraid it will give me the pregnant look. Yours does NOT do that at all! You make me want to sew this up!
Cody7 said... (6/22/11 9:04 PM) Reply
Your top looks so lovely. I have had this pattern for a few years now. I was put off making it because I read some reviews on PR that there were some issues with it. Pieces not lining up and the placket was way too low etc. It appears you didn't have any of these problems so I am going to give it a go! Great job it looks really lovely on you.
MNBarb said... (6/22/11 5:51 PM) Reply
So fresh and summery!
2takeKate said... (6/22/11 4:26 PM) Reply
I love it with either collar! I am putting this on my list, for sure. I agree that it would make a really pretty dress.
marec said... (6/22/11 3:43 PM) Reply
What a lovely top-I actually said "oh, that's adooooraaable" when I saw your picture. How tall are you, if you don't mind saying? I am 5'1" and want to make this with a few alterations.
SarahSews said... (6/22/11 12:41 PM) Reply
I am sorry about the wrong picture uploading for this review. I cannot seem to get rid of the other, so the little thumbnail will have to suffice.
Claverie said... (6/22/11 12:33 PM) Reply