Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1233 (misses dress and belt)

Reviewed by:MichelleE

About MichelleEstar
Member since: 2/7/03
Posted on:6/24/11 1:22 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

melissakf said... (2/1/15 10:04 AM) Reply
That dress is gorgeous! The metallic fabric is incredible - so elegant. Sadly, this dress looks too labor intensive for me, but what a great payoff! Well done!
IveGotStitch said... (4/28/13 5:59 PM) Reply
You're finishing is fabulous! Love the material and overall finish. Got the pattern but will allow a bit more time to ate it on. Thanks for a helpful review.
CynthiaSue said... (9/19/11 1:37 AM) Reply
how beyond gorgeous and elegant!
Julia Bobbin said... (7/4/11 1:58 AM) Reply
absolutely fantastic! And everything looks so neat!
Sunkissedjellybaby said... (6/30/11 8:09 AM) Reply
Beautifully tailored! It was well worth the effort.
imsewcrazy said... (6/28/11 10:45 PM) Reply
Truly AMAZING!! I like your version better than the pattern envelope.
VirginiasDghter said... (6/27/11 5:05 PM) Reply
WOW! This is amazing! Some serious skill being showcased here. I like how close to the original garment your dress looks......honestly, even better. Very well done!
MichelleE said... (6/26/11 4:18 PM) Reply
Thanks so much. I can't wait to see others versions of this dress. When I can do bound buttonholes with ease and make a Chanel style jacket, I will consider myself advanced! Right now, I am a happy intermediate.
pmcc said... (6/25/11 10:10 PM) Reply
WOW! Fabulous job! I have this pattern, still hunting for some fabric. Thanks for all the great tips.
Asiyah said... (6/25/11 8:25 PM) Reply
You did a phenomenal job! I bought this pattern a few weeks back and am looking forward to making it. Fingers crossed that it turns out as lovely as yours.
Cathee said... (6/25/11 1:47 PM) Reply
Super dress. Looks so expensive and well-made. Wish it wouldn't so time-consuming, though...
manola6176 said... (6/25/11 11:30 AM) Reply
Wow there's no word to describe how gorgeous looking your dress is. And this review is so on time for me. The dress is next on my sewing project. I've been waiting for a review for ages. Thanks for it; I'll be extra careful with the test muslin I intend to make. This seems to be a mandatory step. Concerning the belt I've just thought about the possibility of altering a purchased belt. Thanks again. I can't wait to start mine.
strongnow said... (6/25/11 11:20 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Someday I hope to sew this well. Thanks for all of the information which really helps a beginner like me.
sewbehind said... (6/25/11 11:14 AM) Reply
Wow, that is really nice! I think you graduated to 'Advanced'.
JudyHan said... (6/25/11 10:02 AM) Reply
You did a great job!! Wow.
Kay Y said... (6/25/11 9:35 AM) Reply
Fantastic - very sleek looking dress.
sewbarbie said... (6/25/11 2:09 AM) Reply
I like your version so much more than Pamella's. The fabric and workmanship is super.
cmarie12 said... (6/25/11 1:31 AM) Reply
This is an amazing dress! Love it!
cmcarr said... (6/25/11 1:08 AM) Reply
Simply beautiful.
bunnykins said... (6/25/11 0:31 AM) Reply
OMG, that's gorgeous!
Sallygirl1 said... (6/25/11 0:18 AM) Reply
It was worth the time and effort. It's perfect!
Sewiing Sue said... (6/24/11 11:03 PM) Reply
What I like especially: The silver threads in the fabric, the execution of the collar and sleeves, the belt, the lining--wonderful job!
DD1104 said... (6/24/11 10:03 PM) Reply
All I can say is WOW!!! LOVE IT!!
Re Becca said... (6/24/11 9:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I have this dress cut out myself and I must say that your craftsmanship and fabric choice are perfect! Your fabric is crisp like the pattern photo and shows off the lines well.
mesewlot said... (6/24/11 8:46 PM) Reply
OMG, WOW,WOW, this is one of the most gorgeous dresses that I've laid my eyes on! You should be so proud of yourself. Excellent job!
Gordita1616 said... (6/24/11 8:27 PM) Reply
Seriously gorgeous! I have this one in my pattern queue, and now I want to move it up to number 1. Simply fantastic.
Karendee said... (6/24/11 7:24 PM) Reply
This is an amazing dress, beautiful tailored! The belt technique is quite clever and one I've never thought of.
MNBarb said... (6/24/11 7:12 PM) Reply
This is a professionally sewn garment that, when not in use, should hang in a place of honor in your home. Just perfect!
Kat B. said... (6/24/11 6:24 PM) Reply
Love it! Fabulous job! Love the fabric!
Scheryka said... (6/24/11 6:12 PM) Reply
Superb results. Very good.
rozzybabe said... (6/24/11 5:56 PM) Reply
As others have said, absolutely beautifully constructed. You need to notch up your sewing level to advanced, for sure! Thanks for such a helpful review.
Annette1 said... (6/24/11 5:45 PM) Reply
I've never SEEN such a GORGEOUS, EXPERTLY tailored dress in my life! If they put your pictures on the pattern, they'd sell a million on them. :o) Just exquisite!
Marge99 said... (6/24/11 4:31 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely!
marjoriekh said... (6/24/11 3:55 PM) Reply
Beautifully done! So, where are you going to wear it?
Sondra Leigh said... (6/24/11 3:41 PM) Reply
Stunning.
popo said... (6/24/11 3:10 PM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. This is absolutely stunning. Bravo!!!!
Christas said... (6/24/11 3:06 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness! That is one absolutely GORGEOUS dress! WOW! How very impressive! That is some super wonderful sewing.
MACANNE999 said... (6/24/11 2:36 PM) Reply
I dream of being able to sew something this wonderful.
lakaribane said... (6/24/11 2:34 PM) Reply
Wow, can't look at the photos from work but the thumbnail looks so good! Worth the hours, IMO!
MichelleE said... (6/24/11 2:06 PM) Reply
I'm sorry, Nikarphar. I looked, but I believe this fabric is sold out. It was available back in April.
Aroura said... (6/24/11 2:01 PM) Reply
Absolutely amazing looking dress! It sounds like it was a lot of work, but what an gorgeous result!
SewWil said... (6/24/11 1:52 PM) Reply
Wow!!! Your dress is gorgeous. I love your choice of fabric. Perfect! THanks for the tip on the belt. Very helpful.
JanieBee said... (6/24/11 1:41 PM) Reply
Amazing! You've created a beautiful dress!
narcissaqtpie said... (6/24/11 1:35 PM) Reply
This is super duper gorgeous!! and thanks for the great tip on the belt.
nikarphar said... (6/24/11 1:35 PM) Reply
Unbelievable gorgeous!! I want the same fabric!! I'm so inspired to sew this one right now !

by: nanneke