Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5620 (misses and women's jacket and dress)

Reviewed by:cmarie12

About cmarie12starstarstar
NJ USA
Member since: 4/8/03
Posted on:6/25/11 3:15 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket    Plus
Annette1 said... (8/21/11 1:40 AM) Reply
Well, you already know I LOVE this dress on you! I was so surprised to learn of the poorly fitting pattern. I should have paid more attention when looking on Flickr -- ha! I've often WONDERED about this pattern, and I'm not TOO sure that I don't already have it. Don't worry, though, I may never find it in the black hole in there. I'm glad you stuck with it, because this is just a GORGEOUS dress in that print!
Sue Parrott said... (7/2/11 4:55 PM) Reply
Awesome fabric! I really like it on you!
crazygrad said... (6/29/11 11:20 AM) Reply
It does look great, and that fabric is fabulous. I bought this pattern for the little vesty-thingy. Hopefully it is not such a bizarre pattern.
VirginiasDghter said... (6/27/11 4:56 PM) Reply
Fabulous.....just fabulous! Love how simple the dress it and how bold the fabric is! Perfect!
Sew tell me said... (6/26/11 4:56 AM) Reply
Bummer you had so much trouble with this but you look great and I love the fabric.
Sew tell me said... (6/26/11 4:55 AM) Reply
Terri A said... (6/25/11 10:49 PM) Reply
Loved your Blog post. Your fabric is wonderful, and the dress wearable and pretty.
Patti B said... (6/25/11 6:16 PM) Reply
Carolyn, nice save and good warning about the pattern. I have this fabric too and hope that it gets to the top of my sewing list soon.
wsm2408 said... (6/25/11 5:30 PM) Reply
I have fabric envy! The skirt portion looks really good. Thanks for the pattern information.
JTink said... (6/25/11 4:23 PM) Reply
You got a lovely dress out of this. I also tried this pattern, but ended up looking like a beached Whale in it. I wasn't happy with the fit. Yours is beautiful. Really shows off your waist line.
Riesie said... (6/25/11 4:02 PM) Reply
I think this looks fine by itself but it's fabulous with the sweater. Thanks for the info on the pattern.
michellep74 said... (6/25/11 3:56 PM) Reply
I'm glad that you got a wearable dress out of this so that you could save that fabulous fabric. Even with all of the headaches, it looks great on you!

Beginner Sewing Lab 101 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford