Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6363 (Women's Dresses in two lengths)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:6/26/11 0:30 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus
paulakiss said... (8/7/11 12:10 PM) Reply
Wow! I saw this pattern on sale for $3.99 today and almost bought it! I'm so glad I read your review first! Thanks so much sweetie! Three tries. I think I would've given up after the first! You're awesome!
SondraG said... (8/5/11 1:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. The final product looks great on you! I don't have the drafting skills to fix the pattern, so I'm glad you warned me away.
Karendee said... (6/29/11 7:31 PM) Reply
Despite the trouble you had with the fitting, this dress is really worth it. I absolutely love it on you; you look wonderful!!!
VirginiasDghter said... (6/27/11 4:51 PM) Reply
Great fitting dress and great fabric too! Nice wrk!
Steffie said... (6/26/11 9:17 PM) Reply
Wow! You have much tenacity to have stuck with it and fixed the pattern. I am very happy I read your review as I was hoping to make this dress up for myself. Bummer because your finished dress looks great!
ArtAttack said... (6/26/11 8:05 PM) Reply
Well, it is adorable...but I will take your suggestions and run from this one. Thanks for a great review. Also, love the fabric...
Ms. Bijou said... (6/26/11 6:58 PM) Reply
Well, it LOOKS great!! Thanks for the review!
OP Gal said... (6/26/11 1:39 PM) Reply
Only you could pull that pattern out of the wadder category and make it look so good. I just love the fabric. Especially the ay the design points on way on the top and another on the lower half.
ButtonFaith said... (6/26/11 12:28 PM) Reply
This is a gorgeous dress on you! I love the style as it HAS style yet is modest....but I won't bother adding it to my collection...thanks for the VERY helpful review and pictures!
JTink said... (6/26/11 11:08 AM) Reply
This style looks great on you. After all that work, you did end up with a very nice dress.
Riesie said... (6/26/11 11:03 AM) Reply
I was following your progress on this dress on your blog. I'd even put the pattern in my shopping bag on the McCall's site for the next sale, but think I'll take it out again. Love the dress on you but nothing with just 5 pattern pieces should cause that much grief. Thanks for the review.
sewing for fun said... (6/26/11 10:15 AM) Reply
I love your final dress - you are looking great, too! Perhaps they will fix the problems and re-issue in non-plus sizes... I think you are going to need them :)
sewbehind said... (6/26/11 9:58 AM) Reply
This looks so good on you, Debbie. You look fantastic. Too bad the pattern was 'half-baked'.
happytobehere said... (6/26/11 9:27 AM) Reply
Most of us would have given up! Finished product looks great on you. BTW- enjoy your blog and reading about your boys.
Kisha said... (6/26/11 7:55 AM) Reply
The dress looks wonderful on you. Perseverance paid off! I understand your pain with the pattern. I made it for my mother. I attached the ties TWICE because I knew the directions were wrong. My attempt looks very close to your first muslin. I will have to go back and fix the pattern based on your tips. THANKS!
SewSho said... (6/26/11 4:17 AM) Reply
Really lovely dress, fabric is gorgeous! Sounds like it was a total nightmare to put together though, so well done you on a great looking dress from a terribly drafted pattern!
Sew4Fun said... (6/26/11 1:15 AM) Reply
I clicked on this review because I loved the look of your dress from the thumbnail, not realising it was YOU. :) Fabulous dress, love it! The print and style is so flattering and you are looking fabulous too. Great job on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

by: sovanisa