Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2000-126 (Poncho)

Reviewed by:touran

About touranstarstarstar
CO USA
Member since: 9/22/03
Posted on:9/3/04 6:17 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people
touran said... (4/2/05 7:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the kind comments. OKgirl, I didn't use clear elastic. The collar was one piece, folded over. I made the collar into an O by sewing the short ends tog. Then I sewed one long edge to the body, folded the collar to the inside and secured it with a stitch in the ditch from the RS. Because there was enough room for my head, I used a straight stitch and it took away the stretchiness. HTH
OKgirl said... (4/1/05 3:23 PM) Reply
I love your poncho! I like the decision on the fabric w/gold threads. I would like to make this with a fab that will not stretch as much; and somehow make it without the collar. Did u use clear elastic on this project? thx in advance for your reply.
Gigi Louis said... (9/4/04 8:42 AM) Reply
Great looking poncho!
Annette H said... (9/4/04 6:15 AM) Reply
Good looking poncho - thanks for review!
caleddon said... (9/4/04 4:20 AM) Reply
Your poncho looks great, especially the soft folds in the collar. I'm sure Clint would have preferred a poncho with gold threads.:-)
Katharine in BXL said... (9/4/04 4:19 AM) Reply
Nice job Touran! That collar will keep you fortified against strong breezes. Your comment about recyclying the fabric when youre' sick of it made me laugh. Good point!
alicia said... (9/3/04 6:25 PM) Reply
LOL - my husband never fails to watch any Clint western... and recites most of them verbatim - thanks for a great visual, and it's a beautiful poncho!

Kwik Sew 3385