Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4599 (Sew News Jacket)

Viewed 1936 times

Posted on:9/4/04 11:18 AM
Last Updated:7/25/05 4:51 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
JeanetteE said... (7/31/05 6:59 PM) Reply
Honey, you should be wearing an ear to ear grin! Your jacket is magnificent. You look lovely in it. Thanks for another great review.
Jennifer shaw said... (7/26/05 8:16 PM) Reply
Your jacket is so gorgeous! Thank you for giving such great details in your review.
Vivienne said... (7/26/05 2:09 PM) Reply
This is perfection. I want a one exactly like it!
almost said... (7/26/05 12:06 PM) Reply
Nikki, great review! I think view C is the most atrractive version and looks really great on you. I am curious whether you did anything to the tapestry fabric before cutting and sewing - washed, seamed, etc.??? I have seem many great tapestry fabrics but don't know how to prepare for a garment. Also did you line view C or just finish the seams on the inside? Thank you for sharing your work with us!
Marita Kinnula said... (7/25/05 9:38 PM) Reply
Wow Nikki, this other version really is great, the fit looks so much better than in the hemp version and the sleevelength is better too, good work!!! oh, and the color compliments your's really nicely.
Schnauzer said... (7/25/05 6:32 PM) Reply
Both jackets are really lovely Nikki.
CarolynGM said... (7/25/05 6:09 PM) Reply
Your tapestry version is stunning. I can also see how well this view lends itself to a stiff fabric. Good job!
QuickFade said... (7/25/05 6:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review! I really like the way you bluntly say what you did for each figure/fabric/pattern issue, how it turned out and what you might do differently. Even though our shapes are different, I still learned from your review. I was a bit inspired to start thinking again about using those home dec remnants at WalMart for apparell sometime. Thanks!
hut said... (7/25/05 5:09 PM) Reply
View C is quite lovely and suits you well.
LiZ said... (10/29/04 2:50 AM) Reply
A really beautiful jacket, the trim is just right and the jacket fits you nicely. A good job of the sewing and a great review.
sewing up a storm said... (10/28/04 8:52 PM) Reply
Nikki I saw this pattern today and got it at the 99cents sale at JoAnns. I came here to see if anyone has revewed it and found your jacket. You made a really pretty version. I am planning on useing some navy couderoy that is about 20 ageing in my stash and I did not have enough to make a pair of pants. In any case I see that my fabric should work well because it is still. Since I am a quilter I will likely go thru the quilting stash to make the bias contrast and will also make the ball buttons from my own fabric in a third fabric to add just a touch more interest. Loved reading your review and look forward to making up one of my own.
SandraB said... (9/6/04 10:05 AM) Reply
Nikki, your jacket is absolutely gorgeous. Your choice of fabric is just perfect for this style and the closures really add a very nice touch.
Gigi Louis said... (9/5/04 9:14 AM) Reply
Nikki, your jacket is gorgeous! I love the closure.
Rebecca D said... (9/5/04 8:56 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket and, as usual, a wonderfully helpful review. I've never looked at this pattern before, but now I'm considering it. And I love your closures!
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/5/04 8:37 AM) Reply
Nikki, that jacket is beautiful! I love the contrast. And yours fits you so much better than the picture on the model. -Ann
Asa Hagstrom said... (9/5/04 6:46 AM) Reply
I love your jacket, Nikki! That steam in the bust area really worked wonders, it looks like it fits you really well now!
MaryBeth said... (9/5/04 4:09 AM) Reply
Very unusual jacket. Would look great with a boot skirt.
Danvillegirl said... (9/4/04 6:08 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket. I have been eyeing this pattern. Thanks for the review as it has helped me in deciding to try it.
Lisa Laree said... (9/4/04 6:04 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
ladylola said... (9/4/04 5:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for this helpful review. I've been eyeing this pattern, now I'm going to get it. You jacket is very pretty and I really like your closures.
alicia said... (9/4/04 4:58 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful - I like yours so much better than the pattern photo - the trim is stunning!! Great job.
Deepika said... (9/4/04 4:57 PM) Reply
Nikki, that jacket is adorable. And it fits you so well!
kathi s said... (9/4/04 4:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket- it fits you perfectly. I almost sent for this pattern and now I'm sorry I didn't.
Susan R said... (9/4/04 3:10 PM) Reply
Nikki, your jacket is stunning!
Stilltheone said... (9/4/04 2:56 PM) Reply
Great review. You did a super job on the jacket. I love it.
jlg said... (9/4/04 11:28 AM) Reply
Nikki, your jacket is very pretty. I was drawn to this pattern as soon as I saw it.

Christine Jonson Three Tees