Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6070 (Double V Surplice Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:6/28/11 11:50 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
JETrinity said... (7/4/11 11:10 AM) Reply
This dress and fabric was made for you. Wow.
Heatherrique said... (6/29/11 6:32 PM) Reply
Mighty fine looking dress!!!!
AuntieShel said... (6/29/11 6:28 PM) Reply
Your dress is just darling, I think I must get this pattern. Thank you for a detailed review.
Markie1 said... (6/29/11 2:57 PM) Reply
This is just ADORABLE! I love the Barcelonean fabric-the whole deal is just darling. Love the inside suspenders. Very clever!
miausiau said... (6/29/11 6:19 AM) Reply
Spectacular! I made a Chloe dress from the 80s that had internal suspender like contraptions to blouse the bodice. Actually wedge shaped pieces made from the fabric. A++ and the colors in the material are perfect for you.
Shari B said... (6/28/11 9:53 PM) Reply
So pretty!
FreyaStark said... (6/28/11 8:45 PM) Reply
You are right; fabric certainly makes a great souvenir. It's a lovely dress. Your alterations are clever, so much so that I think you should promote yourself from "intermediate" to "advanced".
BexInMD said... (6/28/11 7:00 PM) Reply
So pretty - what a wonderful souvenir! Your tips for fitting surplice bodices encourage me to try one. Thanks for the review.
Terri A said... (6/28/11 6:32 PM) Reply
Very gorgeous!
Mufffet said... (6/28/11 6:00 PM) Reply
:) What a lovely fabric! What a cute dress! Love the fit and style on you!
cleverkitty said... (6/28/11 4:08 PM) Reply
"higher back neckline that can cause a top to ride forward" I did not know that and the suspenders, I will try that, I'm always after good ideas for jersey. Thank-you nicegirl, your dress is lovely on you and the fabric beautiful :)
Ericaeli said... (6/28/11 4:07 PM) Reply
What a pretty dress. I love the idea of ribbon suspenders! You always have the most clever solutions.
manola6176 said... (6/28/11 3:50 PM) Reply
Your dress is realy cute. The fabric is great bu isn't that's what 's expected from shopping with Paco. I mean enabling us to buy the best fabric. Thank you for a very detailed review.
SewWil said... (6/28/11 3:36 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! Looks great on you. As usual thanks for your detailed review.
michellep74 said... (6/28/11 1:21 PM) Reply
This dress is gorgeous on you! I hope you really enjoy your souvenir!
SheBear0320 said... (6/28/11 12:53 PM) Reply
Love the fabric -- truly eye-catching. Thanks for the tip on internal suspenders -- I'm sure I'll be using that at some point in the future. Isn't fabric a great souvenir of a wonderful life experience.
pterion said... (6/28/11 12:52 PM) Reply
This is so stinking cute on you and the ribbon suspenders are brilliant. I may have to borrow that idea.
psm484 said... (6/28/11 12:27 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric, gorgeous dress. I like it without the tie in the back. Nice job!
mochimo said... (6/28/11 12:20 PM) Reply
The dress is beautiful and so is the fabric. What a great souvenir of Barcelona!
marec said... (6/28/11 12:01 PM) Reply
" Total cost, excluding plane ticket and hotel: approximately $20" yes, truly an inexpensive dress :-) I love this on you and can also see it in a solid for cooler weather. Beautiful work, as always.

by: Sheila457