Pattern Reviews> Advance Pattern Company> 4147 (Playsuit with skirt)

Review submitted in Vintage Pattern 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:Peter in NYC

About Peter in NYCstarstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 6/9/09
Posted on:6/30/11 2:56 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Carolyn C said... (7/30/11 10:48 PM) Reply
When I grow up I want to sew as well as you do. And if I ever moved to New York I want to be best friends with you and Michael.
Peter in NYC said... (7/20/11 10:45 PM) Reply
Thank you, folks!
DesignsByDenise said... (7/19/11 10:35 PM) Reply
What a lovely story, and the perfect outfit to go sailor-hunting in! You've put our (secret) dreams into words and photos. Highly entertaining, as always, and the outfit was gorgeous! Lucky, lucky Cathy - to have her own personal seamstress/tailor. And she was pretty lucky to finally find those sailors too!
cindy-lou said... (7/13/11 1:44 PM) Reply
Great pattern, great story line, and technically-perfect outfit! I adore it. Love the look, the story, and all.
FreyaStark said... (7/12/11 8:36 PM) Reply
A gorgeous outfit and beautiful work. Well done.
RachelStonebreaker said... (7/11/11 6:13 PM) Reply
Great idea on reversible! Thanks for such a good review. I hadn't heard of the Advance patterns. Now I'm on the look out.
SoVintage said... (7/11/11 3:01 PM) Reply
LOVE THIS!
Margaret said... (7/9/11 3:47 PM) Reply
Great playsuit! Very fun photo shoot, as always!
JETrinity said... (7/7/11 7:00 PM) Reply
This sure looks great. You always find the perfect fabric and this does not look vintage to me. Great job.
GwenH said... (7/7/11 3:06 PM) Reply
Looks great! I agree it doesn't look museum or costume party. It looks very contemporary and fun. :-)
ladybegood said... (7/3/11 5:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the ideas for a reversible outfit. I adore these vintage play suits. Now if only I had Kathy's legs!
AndreaSews said... (7/2/11 4:15 PM) Reply
Love the outfit and the slideshow. The outfit reminds me of what Mom wore back in the day. ;)
Peter in NYC said... (7/2/11 11:46 AM) Reply
Thanks, everybody!
Andreahg said... (7/2/11 11:21 AM) Reply
Cousin Cathy looks fantastic! I love your playsuit!
AnneM said... (7/2/11 10:55 AM) Reply
I can't believe that was an old sheet. I just LOVE how those fabrics look together. Great idea on the back elastic section. That really is a pattern that works in many eras.
craftygamma said... (7/1/11 5:13 PM) Reply
You are so clever. Loved your slide show!
dingyadi said... (7/1/11 1:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous outfit, and Cathy looks fabulous as always. Remarkable to think the pattern is 65 years old.
TracyTheMaterialGirl said... (7/1/11 2:36 AM) Reply
All the girls love a sailor - and they also love a playsuit. Great story and photos.
Karen Easter said... (7/1/11 0:15 AM) Reply
ahahahahahaha! This is what I've been missing!
fourkid said... (6/30/11 10:37 PM) Reply
What a great outfit - and I love the story line ~ though Cathy stepping in front of the bus scared me.
AuntieShel said... (6/30/11 6:41 PM) Reply
Peter, so good to see you and what a lovely outfit you've made!! Please tell Cathy to watch out for sailors...as long as she's just looking for some fun, she'll be fine!!!
Aroura said... (6/30/11 4:13 PM) Reply
Peter, as usual your review is helpful and your photo shoot / story are entertaining ++. Cathy looks fabulous in her new playsuit. Love that you made the top reversible to match the shorts AND skirt. Really fantastic outfit. :)
Laurie Lou said... (6/30/11 3:35 PM) Reply
This was the Best!!! Excellent review and so glad to see this posted here! And love yor fabric choice for this vintage pattern. You sure did capture the era and your Novella was once again a hit. perhaps your best so far!

Kitschy Coo Lady Skater Dress

by: chenille

Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2013-106