Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3200

Posted on:9/6/04 3:52 PM
Last Updated:6/5/05 12:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
BjP said... (6/5/05 5:18 PM) Reply
I really like this blouse pattern. I just made the s/s version and love it because of the vertical darts...and I didn't have any fitting issues to speak of but then I used a rather forgiving fabric. I really do like both versions on you! But you are right......it's always fun to try something else!
Mini said... (6/5/05 12:57 PM) Reply
I always have a problem with the excess fabric in the upper chest on KS patterns. Also, the armholes are usually too low for short women. Too bad, because this is a nice style. Petite Plus and Sew Grand both have button front v-neck blouses that might be worth a try-they are drafted for short, full-figured women and fit better in the upper chest and shoulder.
SouthernStitch said... (4/18/05 3:04 PM) Reply
Irene you look so much smaller than your given measurements in the photo. This is very flattering. Great review!
Irene Q said... (4/6/05 10:28 AM) Reply
Sherril, I've just made two - one as a muslin and this one. They're both very comfortable and I wouldn't hesitate to make another. The pattern does fit a little loose/wide in the upper chest so take that into consideration. Good luck!
Sherril Miller said... (4/5/05 11:22 AM) Reply
Irene, this is such a pretty blouse. Have you made others? I'm searching for a well-fitting button up for spring. I'll have to pick this one soon.
PVA said... (10/1/04 4:27 PM) Reply
Your top is one of my favorite styles! I'm really glad to see this review -- such a neat-looking outfit! Lovely job.
LiZ said... (9/22/04 2:36 PM) Reply
Your shirt goes really well with the skirt. Congratulations on a great outfit.
tamtay said... (9/22/04 1:36 AM) Reply
I'm back checking the plus size contest entries and now you have the photo up. What a lovely blouse--and it goes so well with the skirt. Great photo!
New2Oki said... (9/9/04 1:49 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this pattern, as I've made a muslin for it but had some fitting issues with it, too. Since reading your review, I'm encouraged that mine will turn out all right. Thanks!
Diana M said... (9/8/04 3:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful description of your alterations, and a great review. I have a similar style pattern from the Big 4 that's not working for me at all; I'm going to put this on my wish list.
AnneM said... (9/7/04 6:33 PM) Reply
What a great style. I have some RTW in this vein. Thanks for the review!
tamtay said... (9/7/04 12:46 PM) Reply
I can relate to those alterations; glad you will be able to use it again. Sounds like a nice blouse.

SewBaby More Blankie Buddies pattern Pattern