Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 00000 out of print (Vogue Special Design)

Review submitted in Vintage Pattern 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:bananaoil

About bananaoilstar
Member since: 7/9/05
Posted on:6/30/11 10:30 PM
bananaoil said... (2/15/12 9:09 PM) Reply
Update: This one I wore more than once and found easier to wear. Easier, but not entirely there yet. I think a dead straight skirt is only wearable for me if it is in fact a skirt, not attached to a top. And a belt, I can only wear a belt if it's holding up pants, this thing spun around me and didn't stay at my waistline. Maybe I move around too much. I'm still looking for a dress I can feel comfortable in. I don't think it can have a waistline seam.
ladybegood said... (7/12/11 9:24 PM) Reply
I like how the fabric works in this pattern, but I do think a fuller skirt would look better, and maybe some more waist shaping... I think that blouson look only works on models. Do you think waist darts would ruin the check pattern?
Margaret said... (7/9/11 3:31 PM) Reply
I think the dress looks great! Very nice work on that yoke and collar. I love how the plaid comes together at the front.
fourkid said... (7/2/11 4:13 PM) Reply
You may call it a nana dress, but I think it is lovely. I am so glad you had your blog link here - I am now a "follower" (not a stalker!) I love reading your writing.
marec said... (7/1/11 10:52 AM) Reply
I really like this dress and hope you sew another version in a color you prefer. I like the "drab navy blue" as it goes well with gray hair :-) How about vibrant red?
Karine said... (7/1/11 9:43 AM) Reply
I like the dress a lot, especially that inverted pleat on the bodice. It looks like you did a beautiful job with the construction.
OlindaM said... (7/1/11 8:01 AM) Reply
I too think this a really nice dress, one that will take you to lots of places. And very well made of course!
Amanda.Claire said... (7/1/11 7:30 AM) Reply
I really like this dress and pattern. It reminds me of something my grandmother would wear in some old pictures. Nice work!!

Other none