Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2220 (Misses' Dress or Top. SUEDEsays Collection)

Reviewed by:Seamstars

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

Jgpea said... (3/12/12 12:17 PM) Reply
yep...awful pattern. This dress is the cutest thing ever hanging on the hanger. I didn't read the reviews until AFTER I had it cut out, so I trudged on...super cute yellow fabric with red designs on it. Rolled hem on the ruffles and hems...adorable. When my daughter put it on??? ick. And she usually looks super cute in everything.
FullertonRegan said... (3/8/12 1:11 PM) Reply
THANK YOU for this review. I am looking for a great wrap dress pattern and thought this would be the one. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but it certainly has helped me with my search! This is going to the do not buy list.
cimmanon said... (9/21/11 9:25 PM) Reply
This pattern has a very similar shape to McCall's 6024 (wrap dress), which has received very positive reviews. Remove the flounce and add a bit of fullness to the skirt and you'll end up pretty close.
1SewSweet said... (7/4/11 10:47 PM) Reply
Sorry about your problems with this pattern. Thanks for the headsup...I know to stay away from this one!
peaceykeen said... (7/3/11 10:58 AM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up!
ChristmasHills said... (7/3/11 4:09 AM) Reply
That is so sad because the pattern looks like it would be really pretty. Thanks for the warning.
Seamstars said... (7/2/11 8:21 PM) Reply
I'm sorry about your project but glad to hear I'm not alone on this one! I had the underarm gape as well.
SewCostumes said... (7/2/11 4:14 PM) Reply
My daughter also fits a size 12 with little or no alterations. However, after making a muslin for her of this dress, I had to scrap the pattern. There was enormous under arm gaping. The back was also to broad, especially in the upper part. i went and bought another pattern, instead of trying to fix this one. It's a shame, really, because the pattern picture looks really nice on the model.

HotPatterns 1121

by: michellep7...

Fit For Art Wide Neckline Variations Package for Tee & tunic

Fit For Art Wide Neckline Variations Package for Tee & tunic

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)