Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 3022 (Yoga pants and shorts)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:7/2/11 4:01 PM
Last Updated:7/3/11 5:30 PM

See other patterns in this category: Loungewear    Shorts    Activewear    Pants
Margaret said... (7/5/11 5:49 PM) Reply
I think they look really good! Thanks for posting the details of the construction and lining. The gripper elastic sounds like a great idea.
BexInMD said... (7/4/11 8:52 AM) Reply
Yay for perseverance! Your latest version looks great and solves the fit issues. You should write a column about swimwear construction.
CSM--Carla said... (7/3/11 10:22 AM) Reply
Great review! Super nice look! I never heard of gripper elastic--though I have often wondered what that elastic was inside my sportswear--thanks for the education! Carla
Sue Parrott said... (7/3/11 10:00 AM) Reply
Great review! I was going to suggest the gripper elastic around the leg hems but you did that you smart girl! I honestly don't mind the zig-zag stitch you used and I don't think it makes the shorts look 'custom' made at all! I too would love to have a cover stitch machine or option but that is pretty far down the road for me!
JEF said... (7/3/11 9:56 AM) Reply
Super review and the shorts look great on you. Is it creepy or flattering to say "wish I had your butt"??
becca a said... (7/3/11 9:04 AM) Reply
Great review and great shorts! Thanks for all the details about construction.
Amanda.Claire said... (7/3/11 8:37 AM) Reply
This review has such great information. I did not even know about gripper elastic!! Really great shorts!!
marec said... (7/3/11 2:52 AM) Reply
Great boy shorts! I admire all your hard work on details.
Mushywear said... (7/3/11 0:40 AM) Reply
Fantastic review. Looks like you've gotten some good advice from the other comments. These boy shorts looks absolutely perfect for wakeboarding or waterskiing, the way you have fortefied them!
kenndap said... (7/2/11 10:16 PM) Reply
Love your review! In response to your...ahem... desert animal concerns, I wonder if a gusset in the crotch area would work. All of my favorite workout wear have this feature and make it much more comfortable to wear in private and public.
Elke said... (7/2/11 9:01 PM) Reply
They look great! Thanks for the review.
Sew4Fun said... (7/2/11 7:48 PM) Reply
Great review and I love your sun-smart outfit! It's very sun-smart but also quite chic.
renren said... (7/2/11 6:08 PM) Reply
Oh, these look great. I love the interior shot with the power net and gripper elastic all nice and tidy.
sewing for fun said... (7/2/11 5:55 PM) Reply
NEVER too much detail - love your reviews! I found this pattern ran VERY small. With gripper elastic I use 1:1 ratio or even less on shorts bottoms, because elastic has less give than the fabric... sometimes I even cut elastic larger and stretch fabric to fit, since I want the gripper aspect without any cutting in at the edges of garment. To avoid homemade look, you could try twin needle topstitching instead, with wooly nylon in the bobbin so it will stretch better. I also use my lightning stitch and topstitch 1 or two rows... it stretches nicely and has the illusion of a straight stitch. There are also some decorative stitches that look like the decorative serger-type stitching often found on the outside of RTW garments. I have even serged wrong sides together, then topstitched down, to achieve that look - especially fun with a variegated thread!

by: Jemajyng