Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2274 (Overnight Bag)

Reviewed by:AlisonK318

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Crafts

Sweater knit fabrics

helenl said... (2/22/13 9:16 AM) Reply
beautiful fabric and the handles are perfect. You did a great job.
dreamdesigner said... (12/28/12 11:01 PM) Reply
WOW! Very, very nice. And you did an awesome job. Bought the pattern a long time ago, but just now, the "makings' for the bag. I'm thinking I may line it. I really like the straps you made, and although I thought the jute webbing straps the pattern called for looked interesting, when I considered that they'll probably be itchy, I reconsidered. When I priced jute webbing at Joann's that sealed the deal to NOT use it! I think it was like $9.99/yd!!! (insert huge eyes!) That would add $30 just for the straps! Anyway, do I understand correctly that you did NOT turn your straps, but rather ironed on the fusible, folded the SA over on each long side, and stitched them together?
maltesergr8 said... (5/29/12 7:04 AM) Reply
Your overnight bag is just beautiful!! Thanks for the close-up pics of the pocket & zipper. Beth
fiveforsilver said... (8/1/11 0:01 AM) Reply
Your bag looks amazing! We really need some of these in our family so I'm feeling inspired to give this pattern a go!
MNBarb said... (7/3/11 8:52 AM) Reply
Smart thinking to substitute the jute. Why can't patternmakers get those details right? What a thoughtful person you are to give this beautiful bag as a gift. I love the large-scale fabric.
kristinlala said... (7/3/11 1:44 AM) Reply
Wow! Great job! I was thinking about buying this pattern, and now shall buy it :)
Morisot said... (7/3/11 0:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful bag.
Elemenopeo said... (7/2/11 10:29 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info on handle. What a great bag you made. I may use this for my dd for camp.
Lauri Jean said... (7/2/11 9:52 PM) Reply
Love it. So glad to see your review since I bought fabric for this bag ..yesterday. Can't wait to make it. I had the same idea about substituting the jute.

StyleArc Elita