Pattern Reviews> Stretch & Sew> 345 (Square neck raglan and more)

Reviewed by:tamtay

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by tamtay using this Pattern

Mini said... (10/5/04 10:02 PM) Reply
Tami, I think the proportion of this top works well for you. I am a plus size, but my upper chest is narrow and it looks like you may have the same fitting problem. With this top, I had to narrow the upper chest a bit to get rid of the front neckline wrinkle. You can do this by taking in the raglan seam on the bodice front only, or by taking in the raglan seam a bit on both sleeve and bodice front. If you do a basted fitting of the raglan seams you can fiddle until it looks right. (Or, just try a smaller size on top and blend it in to the size 40 at the sides.)
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (9/23/04 6:57 PM) Reply
Nice review, Tami. I like the top, waves or not. I will try this pattern because raglan sleeves are more forgiving with my narrow shoulders. Thanks!
JDpenelope said... (9/22/04 7:08 AM) Reply
Nice looking shirt--I really like raglan sleeves and they say that the style is hot right now! It's possible the waving neckline might press & steam out--leave in place to dry thoroughly after you try. You probably know about steam a seam lite and clear elastic for the wavy problem. I believe the less you sew on knit fabric, the better--not sure I would staystitch a knit neckline. I really like your outfit!
CarolynGM said... (9/22/04 6:19 AM) Reply
I like this pattern -- I don't think I've seen it before. The square raglan neckline looks good on you.
jlg said... (9/22/04 6:09 AM) Reply
Thanks for pointing out this pattern. I really like this neckline.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS