Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6102 (Misses' Dress In 2 Lengths)

Reviewed by:rutaliet

About rutalietstar
IL USA
Member since: 8/10/08
Posted on:7/4/11 4:00 PM
Last Updated:7/4/11 9:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

janimal said... (7/30/13 10:24 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern last night and I am so glad to see this review! I'll keep the ties and welt pockets in mind as I figure out how I will tackle this. Very helpful review. Cheers!
annamm said... (12/28/12 8:02 PM) Reply
Thank you for your detailed review. I have this pattern and plan to make a simple summer dress.
AuntieShel said... (7/7/11 8:31 PM) Reply
What a cute dress--amazing what the ties and welt pockets did to perk it up a bit. Fabulous job on the welt pockets!!
bboss said... (7/7/11 1:34 PM) Reply
I'm so flattered you read my review and was inspired to sew this pattern. If I had my druthers, I'd have pockets in every dress. Thanks for your review.
Vintage Joan said... (7/7/11 10:36 AM) Reply
Excellent review, and what a great save! I totally agree about the '60's vibe. :)
VirginiasDghter said... (7/5/11 10:26 AM) Reply
If at first you don't succeed....way to make it work! Very nice! Love the trim detail and that fabric is fantastic!
Jillster said... (7/5/11 8:46 AM) Reply
Until I get upper arms like Mrs. Obama, I will eschew capped sleeves, which ain't easy in the fashion world!
sewbarbie said... (7/5/11 0:42 AM) Reply
You created a lovely dress, the fabric and your touches are perfect.
Sewphisticated Artisan said... (7/4/11 11:38 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and have had it for quite some time. You've peaked my interest with your version. Also, I find your fabric choice to be fabulous! Great job.
cmarie12 said... (7/4/11 10:36 PM) Reply
What an absolutely fantastic interpretation of that pattern! I have this pattern and have never taken it out of the envelope because it was going to be a beach cover-up! Fantastic, simply fantastic!
juliesbtw said... (7/4/11 7:36 PM) Reply
Very cute! Great fabric choice! I really appreciate your review-it gives me many ideas for other items I have to add ties and pockets to as well!
ArtAttack said... (7/4/11 4:36 PM) Reply
VERY cute...perfect marriage of pattern and fabric
sewmodest said... (7/4/11 4:30 PM) Reply
WOW!!! Great save and love the dress.
bananaoil said... (7/4/11 4:23 PM) Reply
I like the dress a lot. Ties: Good idea, I get that bad side view silhouette thing often. Welt pockets: excellent. Gives me ideas for a bold print I have: Keep It Simple!