Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6587 (New Look 6587 Misses Button-Front Dresses)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:7/7/11 10:10 PM

sunflower2306 said... (7/8/11 10:47 AM) Reply
This dress is so pretty! Love the fabric you used.
BexInMD said... (7/8/11 9:50 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress --- the shape is so graceful. Hopefully when you wear it you will think more of Paris and less of the sleeve mishaps!
Sondra Leigh said... (7/8/11 9:25 AM) Reply
Awwww! :( I'm SO sorry to read about your sleeve mishap(s)! I've done it too! Damned sewing gods! Your dress is lovely, AND I'm planning to start on this pattern today! I've been waffling about what to do with a length of blue crinkle cotton my mom gave me. I have considered this pattern but wasn't sure. After reading your review, I know this is the right pattern! Thanks!
becca a said... (7/8/11 9:18 AM) Reply
What a great dress! The swish factor looks fun. The fabric is so pretty. How frustrating to have to sew the sleeve in three times.
Aroura said... (7/8/11 2:17 AM) Reply
I love the fabric you used, and this dress is just beautiful! Grats on 11 perfect buttonholes. :D
renren said... (7/8/11 2:04 AM) Reply
That is a lovely dress with the Paris fabric. I can understand how to sew on a sleeve inside out, but I'm having trouble visualizing how it would be sewn on upside down. Oh, well, if it's a mistake that can be made, I'm pretty sure I'll finally do it! (And did I miss something? There was a dbf and now there's a dh? My best wishes! Well, things do change, but the one constant is your fabulous sewing skills. Love that stash in the background, too!)

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS