Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Demi Drape Top (Demi Drape Top)

Reviewed by:newsewer2011

About newsewer2011star
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 7/3/09
Posted on:7/7/11 7:19 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
meggy said... (11/23/11 6:12 AM) Reply
Your top looks great. StyleArc now has a category of patterns suited for beginners, might help.
MilongueraThreads said... (10/10/11 11:21 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful top!
Deepika said... (9/12/11 9:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! I like how you say that you wear it and forget about it. I know about that fiddling. Not fun! Thanks for your review.
Raye Ann said... (7/11/11 6:46 PM) Reply
I think this top looks really RTW and very well sewn. Great Job!
GayMcDonell said... (7/9/11 0:52 AM) Reply
Well done - great top - I've seen lots of drapey tops in the shops - very fashionable!
Jacqui315 said... (7/8/11 8:06 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this. It's on my wish list. It came out just like I hoped it would. Great work!
julie w said... (7/8/11 6:51 PM) Reply
Your top looks great. Thank you for the review, i have this pattern and is next on my list to sew, so very helpful. JW
QuiltSewSewSue said... (7/8/11 2:53 AM) Reply
Lovely top - thanks for the review. I have just ordered this pattern so I look forward to it's arrival.
mm said... (7/8/11 2:40 AM) Reply
This looks great. Good sewing.
Mel.J said... (7/8/11 0:54 AM) Reply
I think this looks great, very stylish. I can also imagine this looking great with a contrasting cami & skirt/pants.
Sew4Fun said... (7/7/11 8:47 PM) Reply
Your top looks fabulous. You did a great job. Thanks so much for reviewing this pattern and for the helpful review. I bought this pattern so it's great to see it made up. It gives me a much better "feel" for the pattern. Thanks.
sewing for fun said... (7/7/11 8:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this relatively new company. Your top looks beautiful and perfectly sewn. I can see it in a great variety of fabrics for different looks.
newsewer2011 said... (7/7/11 7:49 PM) Reply
sfshaza - I have to agree with it adding bulk. But I think the fabric choice could minimise this. My fabric is not particularly drapey, and my DH rudely said it "looks like a hood gone wrong LOL" but in a slinky, it would drape much nicer I think :)
sfshaza said... (7/7/11 7:45 PM) Reply
It is certainly beautifully constructed! I am curious to see this top on a body. The fullness at the front looks like it might add bulk but maybe it camouflages. I don't think this is one of the Style Arc patterns that I can wear, but I can imagine it on my daughter. :) Well done!

Understanding Knit Fabrics