Pattern Reviews> Serendipity Studio> Multi Fabric Skirt (multi fabric skirt)

Reviewed by:lbrundage

About lbrundagestarstar
NY USA
Member since: 5/1/09
Posted on:7/10/11 1:59 PM
Last Updated:7/29/11 11:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
FLFiFiLarue said... (7/31/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Love your skirt! Really cute! You would be good picking out any of the colors from the fabric for a top. I love this pattern. Have made several. I, too, found I was between med/lg. The only thing I did was that I lined my skirts because I found the cotton just too lightweight to hang right. Lining it feels wonderful and gives more umph to the skirt! Plus no see-though factor.
lbrundage said... (7/30/11 4:47 PM) Reply
Stephanie, I thought it did run small. I would normally cut a medium, but found that would have been too small for me. So I cut the large, then had to find the fit somewhere in between... a medium was too small and a large too big! Does that make sense?
Stephanie C. said... (7/30/11 4:13 AM) Reply
That is really cute and I agree that a plain white shirt would work just fine for that. You said at the beginning the pattern runs small but then you say that you cut a large and had to to trim it down. I'm getting ready to make this and am curious about that.
Sewnsewmom said... (7/10/11 11:50 PM) Reply
What a darling skirt!
Flying Seamstress said... (7/10/11 7:21 PM) Reply
Love your fabric mix, great skirt!
birdmcfarland said... (7/10/11 4:35 PM) Reply
that is adorable! I want one too!
imsewcrazy said... (7/10/11 2:28 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. I love the combination of your fabrics. They all work well together.
sewsunny37 said... (7/10/11 2:19 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks fabulous! I have made this one too, although was too shy about using more than two fabrics for it. I think a plain white blouse would look great with it. Thanks for the review!

You Sew Girl 200mm Glam Purse Pattern