Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6648 (Misses Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:Lynnelle

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Levone said... (9/26/12 3:48 PM) Reply
Love all of your tops!
ggf2005 said... (9/26/12 10:23 AM) Reply
I think the orange is my fav...they are all lovely!
Lynnelle said... (7/12/11 9:01 AM) Reply
Thank you all so much the comments. =) @Margaret: I'm not sure. I just made Simplicity 2614 and found the exact same problem with the armband piece, and this is for a woven! Why on earth would they draft a piece to have the lengthwise grain go around the arm? I just don't understand that. I mentioned this in my review, but I haven't posted it because I need pictures.
Margaret said... (7/11/11 12:08 PM) Reply
Very nice top, looks great on you and I love the print! Thanks for pointing out the waist piece grain issue. I have had a similar issue with a different New Look pattern where a draped piece ended up on the straight grain going around the body. I wonder if they use only four-way stretch for their samples?
VirginiasDghter said... (7/11/11 11:51 AM) Reply
Great review! Love your top! Very flattering!
VivianZ said... (7/11/11 7:52 AM) Reply
I made this pattern a few years ago and loved it! Yours looks great, and I also had the too big neck line. I have been wanting to make it again, and took it out the other day, and had written on it "make neck 1-2 " smaller. I like your method.
michellep74 said... (7/11/11 2:08 AM) Reply
Pretty top--perfect fabric choice!
Christas said... (7/11/11 0:51 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you!
Gold said... (7/10/11 8:50 PM) Reply
Cute top!
Leslie in Austin said... (7/10/11 8:18 PM) Reply
This style really suits you. Very very pretty!
Gelbean said... (7/10/11 6:21 PM) Reply
Your top looks great on you. I have made this view twice. I followed the pattern instructions for the waistband but I like your way better. If I ever make this top again I will also reduce the neckline. It is a bit large as is. Great job and wonderful review!
snowflake0703 said... (7/10/11 4:55 PM) Reply
Great top on you. I have made this pattern twice now, this view and the sleeveless view. Great pattern.
SheBear0320 said... (7/10/11 3:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on how to fix the neckline -- I have this pattern and just haven't got around to sewing it up yet. Great choice of fabric -- very flattering.
Scheryka said... (7/10/11 3:14 PM) Reply
Great top. The fabric and pattern lines were made each other. Realy cute. Oh, I really could have that neck line tip on my tank I just made! If it stretches any more i could use around my waist.
EleanorSews said... (7/10/11 3:10 PM) Reply
Lynn, that's really a beautiful top, both fit and fabric! You look great! Useful tip on how to fix that wide neckline. Thanks!
imsewcrazy said... (7/10/11 2:23 PM) Reply
Very beautiful top. It really looks great on you!
RobinE said... (7/10/11 2:18 PM) Reply
Your top looks fabulous! It is very flattering and I love the gorgeous print you chose. Thanks for the detailed review. :)

by: beanchor

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Beginner Sewing Lab 101 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford