Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2792 (Gymnastics Leotard)

Review submitted in Sewing For Children Contest
Reviewed by:JEF

About JEFstarstarstar
Member since: 7/27/05
Posted on:7/10/11 9:56 PM
See other patterns in this category: Activewear

Other Projects by JEF using this Pattern

marjoriekh said... (8/4/11 9:47 PM) Reply
Really cute leotards that look like they fit very well. (I did gymnastics at that age, and would have loved a home-sewn leotard with a little extra length in it.) And how wonderful that your daughter and her friend can still get together.
yayis72 said... (7/16/11 11:39 PM) Reply
Very nice job and great review.
Passion4Sewing said... (7/15/11 9:09 AM) Reply
JEF, I also like spandex house and I feel like a kid in a candy shop when I go to MaryJos in Gastonia, NC.
Passion4Sewing said... (7/15/11 9:05 AM) Reply
They both look great! The fit is awesome. Do you find the other girls at practice envious their mom (friend's ,o,) can make these?
Silknmore said... (7/12/11 4:48 PM) Reply
Both are adorable. Maybe this will inspire me to do a swimming suit or leotard - have always stayed away from them.
JEF said... (7/12/11 8:56 AM) Reply
Thank you all for the lovely comments. It is a lot of fun making them outfits. I THINK I got the green at and the red at Hancocks. I also really like spandex house for nicer lycra but in this case the girls chose the fabrics from my stash so this is what they got!
Raye Ann said... (7/11/11 6:24 PM) Reply
great suits! thanks for the review. i have a pattern to make for my niece, but need some correct fabric. do you have a recommendation for fabric? BTW- two of my nieces were also adopted from Russia, as are two girls on my street:) They are all as beautiful and sweet as these two friends look!
cindysewsaz said... (7/11/11 4:13 PM) Reply
I love these! Your daughter is growing up so quickly!
Erin D said... (7/11/11 2:31 PM) Reply
The girls look great. It must be fun for them reunite and enjoy their new leotards.
Time4me said... (7/11/11 11:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful suits for BEAUTIFUL friends. They look like the kind of girls I would want my girls to be friends with! I think you can document your daughter's growth with this pattern over the years!
Sew4Fun said... (7/11/11 2:35 AM) Reply
Fantastic leotards! It's so much cheaper and better to sew gymnastics leotards, isn't it? Great story about the girls too. They must look forward to seeing each other.
Skye said... (7/11/11 0:12 AM) Reply
great leotards - very pretty
21wale said... (7/10/11 11:32 PM) Reply
Wonderful suits! I'm glad to see this one made up since I've made Jalie's oop version, but not this one.
Stargirl7 said... (7/10/11 10:36 PM) Reply

Stargirl7 said... (7/10/11 10:36 PM) Reply
They look great! How nice the girls can have matching outfits! I particularly like the one with the trim. (And I love that you have enough in stash to do this. I must admit that I do too.)

Favorite Things Little Lounge Around Pattern