Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:sew2little

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $30.00 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $30.00 Pattern Details
Fran G said... (7/18/11 7:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review and fair warning! OTOH, I think it looks great on you! When I opened your photo, I said "Oh, how pretty!'
pdiddly said... (7/18/11 2:22 AM) Reply
Congratulations on all the changes - sometimes I would rather make from scratch however the end result in the photo looks really nice
MarianS said... (7/18/11 0:35 AM) Reply
It turned out very nice on you. Thanks for the great review. I have this patterns and have been looking for a fabric to use, but after reading you review, I don't know if I should tackle it. I love the pattern photo, though.
moushka said... (7/17/11 11:39 PM) Reply
Loose-fitting or not, this is a very flattering top on you and perfect for the hot, steamy weather we're having now. Cotton lawn seems like just the right fabric to make it in.
aliesje said... (7/17/11 1:09 PM) Reply
wow! what monumental changes! I think that the top looks really really nice, and I think that cotton lawn is the perfect fabric choice for this pattern. I've just finished this in a poly charmeuse and this pattern was, for me, aggravatingly difficult with slippery fabric plus bias plus lots of seaming. I muslined too, and didn't make nearly the changes you did - simply raised the bust darts by about a half inch.
Barbara V said... (7/17/11 9:51 AM) Reply
You really worked this one over! The results looks great....I like the open v-neck on you and length of top with your pants. Clever save!
carolynw said... (7/17/11 9:07 AM) Reply
IOt looks very nice on you - I bought this pattern and have been seriously thinking about it - wanted a loose top for a BBQ this coming week end - I am going to give it a"go by" for now until I can make a muslin. Thanks for your very helpful review
Amanda.Claire said... (7/17/11 8:55 AM) Reply
What a journey! Thanks for the fitting issue information!!

by: Charbucks