Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3588 (child's dress or jumper)

Review submitted in Sewing For Children Contest
Reviewed by:Aroura

About Arourastarstarstar
OR USA
Member since: 7/30/09
Posted on:7/19/11 0:10 AM
Last Updated:7/19/11 1:27 AM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Scheryka said... (8/15/11 9:36 AM) Reply
I tried to post on Blogger but it's acting up. The dress and your beautiful daughter are very cute. She looks very happy to have a new Mommy-made-this-for-me dress. And I love her hair color too.
Judy Kski said... (7/20/11 0:33 AM) Reply
Your daughter looks so beautiful in the wearable muslin with the kanzashi flower in her hair. I can't wait to see her in the turquoise and lavender brocade.
DesignsByDenise said... (7/19/11 11:40 PM) Reply
The dress is lovely, and your little girl is adorable! I'm planning on making the sleeveless version so my darling GD can wear it as a jumper - I have a cute gray pinwale corduroy with purple and turguoise paisley that I think will be perfect for fall. I generally make a full bodice lining for everything any more - it's just so much easier than facings, you don't have to worry about them staying inside and laying flat, and with little one's clothing it takes so little fabric and frankly less time! Even if I have to hand stitch the bodice to the waist, I've still saved time over trying to hem all those little facing pieces. Beautiful work as usual, Aurora. I can't wait to see what you do with the brocade!
Sewnsewmom said... (7/19/11 10:32 PM) Reply
Aw! Beautiful dress for a beautiful girl!
Gelbean said... (7/19/11 3:58 PM) Reply
Absolutely adorable!!
Elemenopeo said... (7/19/11 3:55 PM) Reply
That is just too cute - she is a doll too.
marec said... (7/19/11 11:16 AM) Reply
ohhhh, my heart skipped a beat!! Very wonderful dress for your girl.
Snoo said... (7/19/11 9:25 AM) Reply
Very cute dress ! It looks very "Boutique". The interfaced section of the collar goes to the underside of a collar or to the side you do not see. On a collar that lays flat, it would be away from the neckline. However, on a Mandarin collar, it would go to the inside toward her neck as you do not see this side. I would think you would want a very soft interfacing here since that side would be up against her neck - maybe a knit ?
arianamaniacs said... (7/19/11 8:52 AM) Reply
You make it sound like being dressed for a Star Trek convention is a bad thing ;) I really like the dress and the color. Your daughter is too adorable!
sewsunny37 said... (7/19/11 1:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! Great looking dress and excellent tips. I *loved* the photos on your blog. It made me so happy to see how delighted your daughter is by her beautiful new (and mama-made!) dress.
Terri A said... (7/19/11 1:53 AM) Reply
Absolutely beauuuutiful!
sew2little said... (7/19/11 1:52 AM) Reply
Aurora, your little girl is just beautiful--and the dress looks precious on her.

Sew Sweet Elizabeth Pleated Dress