Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8741 (handbags)

Reviewed by:eruuska

About eruuska
IN USA
Member since: 9/17/10
Posted on:7/16/11 11:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories

P.Kay.King said... (6/23/13 10:15 PM) Reply
After literally hours and hours of trying to decipher the directions and cutting out muslin pieces, I gave up trying to make the reversible bag. The directions were hopelessly confusing! I made bag A/B which was huge enough to put my 10 month old granddaughter in with all her diapers, bottles and toys! My daughter is using it as a school bookbag as she is a teacher and carries lots of stuff to and from work everyday!
Nenewhis said... (8/10/12 5:42 PM) Reply
Why on earth did I not look at your review before I got started on this monstrosity of a pattern. I have learned my lesson and will not do that again soon. But what a waste of fabric, I hope I can salvage something out of this beautiful mess!
xereta said... (6/22/12 11:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review and explaining about the lining and inset. I was very confused by the pattern envelope fabric requirements for view D. I had no idea what an inset was. All the reveiws I've read on this pattern will be very helpful when making this pattern. Thanks again!
xereta said... (6/22/12 11:26 AM) Reply
moushka said... (7/17/11 11:29 PM) Reply
Great looking bag. You did a fabulous job.
lesliez said... (7/17/11 2:20 AM) Reply
Your bag is beautiful. I love the fabric.
beth5646 said... (7/17/11 2:17 AM) Reply
I absolutely LOVE your bag. Thanks for all the construction info you provided. It will help me when I make my bag. Your construction looks perfect. I remember this fabric on Marcy Tilton's site. wish I had purchased some now.

Megan Nielsen MN1001