Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6753 (Misses Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:8/15/11 10:21 PM

MelissaB in WA said... (8/17/11 12:32 PM) Reply
Oh I really like that top on you - it's so cute and another fun knit top pattern to add variety to the closet. May have to hunt that one down.
Nancywin said... (8/17/11 10:03 AM) Reply
Love this top! I have the same problem in the back on most of my tops. How did you do a FBA on this with the curved seam? Did you need to lower that empire seam to accommodate extra fullness in the front? Great review! N
ArtAttack said... (8/16/11 11:35 PM) Reply
It's adorable... hope you got the fit just the way you like it...forgive me, but I have never seen a Hanes Beefy-T with cute lace like that...but, then I've never seen a Hanes Beefy anything...so I must take your word, but I don't think you are a Hanes Beefy-T type of girl...
sewbehind said... (8/16/11 11:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful top, Cindy. I wonder if the gaping is from your erect posture! Your top is really cute.
Elke said... (8/16/11 11:41 AM) Reply
Looks very cute on you and I like the lace edging. Thanks for the review and comments on sizing!
Nan Kay said... (8/16/11 8:13 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, I have been wanting to try this pattern, but always have a little trouble with New Look patterns being to big. Maybe I'll actually make a muslin!! Love your lace edging.
delfinelise said... (8/16/11 6:54 AM) Reply
Very cute top, thanks for reviewing it. I really love your version!
Aroura said... (8/15/11 11:35 PM) Reply
Very cute top, I hadn't ever noticed this pattern before either. Hope you get the neck fixed, but other than that, great looking top!
treefrog said... (8/15/11 11:26 PM) Reply
Great top! Thanks for the great review - especially about the sizing.
Lori V said... (8/15/11 11:13 PM) Reply
Your top is very cute, I hadn't noticed this pattern before. I would cut the elastic shorter and that will pull the neckline into the body.
cindy-lou said... (8/15/11 11:00 PM) Reply
Thanks, SFF! I think I probably could have... and definitely would try that next time.
sewing for fun said... (8/15/11 10:26 PM) Reply
I have this one, not sewn yet. Yours is very cute. I like the lingerie elastic edge. I wonder if you cut the the neck elastic 2" shorter if you could snug up the neck gaping that way? It is a really cute top and it looks great on you.

by: cleverkitt...

by: dmsmith05

Newport Tote Paper Pattern

Newport Tote Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)