Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4138: wrap skirt (Palmer/Pletsch Lined wrapskirt)

Reviewed by:mlt

About mltstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 5/25/04
Posted on:9/9/04 7:04 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
Danvillegirl said... (9/10/04 6:25 PM) Reply
I like the skirt and like the way the fabric print appears to be running vertically. It is slenderizing on you and I think it looks very nice. DH2B is not wearing it and if it makes you feel good then that's what counts.
Hilary said... (9/10/04 1:45 PM) Reply
I think the fabric is very pretty-and is flattering on you as well! My Dh doesn't agree w/ my taste in fabric either, but I figure *I* am the one wearing it, not him! I say wear what you like! Its a lovely skirt, thanks for the review :o)
D1Diva said... (9/10/04 9:00 AM) Reply
If this man is not yet your husband, he should be complimenting everything you sew!
cindyann said... (9/10/04 7:24 AM) Reply
Ditto, looks great and the print is tasteful. You did a wonderful job. This looks like a great pattern. I hope it's still available.
Astex said... (9/10/04 7:21 AM) Reply
I bought that exact fabric for a wrap skirt as well. It's nice to see it works up as beautifully as I thought it would. Great review!
AnneM said... (9/10/04 4:10 AM) Reply
I agree; DH2B just doesn't know fabric! Of course he has good taste in other things - like you. I loved your "Beginner's note" at the end of the review.
Schnauzer said... (9/9/04 10:22 PM) Reply
Your DH to be has certainly been outvoted on this. I agree with the other ladies,your skirt looks lovely on you.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/9/04 9:00 PM) Reply
Tell DH to-be thank you for his opinion... then enjoy wearing this great skirt! Love the fabric, very up-to-date, looks great on YOU!
Ruth C said... (9/9/04 8:17 PM) Reply
I agree with Jennifer. It looks like a lovely skirt.
Jennifer shaw said... (9/9/04 8:14 PM) Reply
Thank you for the great review. I disagree with Dh to be- I love paisley fabric and it looks very fetching and attractive on you!

by: nineten