Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8523 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:ALTmentalities

About ALTmentalitiesstar
IN USA
Member since: 4/28/11
Posted on:7/17/11 10:40 PM
Last Updated:7/17/11 11:53 PM

horrocl said... (6/11/14 7:38 PM) Reply
You were very creative. Love the simple detail of the buttons.
demoiselle said... (6/21/13 1:54 PM) Reply
I love the button details!
elna2 said... (2/24/13 11:20 AM) Reply
wow awesome idea to but in the center front seam and cut on the bias. A perfect fabric for this with the subtle lines. I have had this pattern for a couple of years now and have not made a thing. Now I am inspired after reading your review (and some of the others as well)
cactusflower said... (8/6/11 4:47 PM) Reply
What a cute idea using the buttons that way! I just purchased this pattern and I love the idea of cutting it on the bias. Great way to showcase a nice fabric. Your work is very professional looking.
spiphany said... (7/21/11 2:43 PM) Reply
I love the details on this. They make a pretty basic pattern really stand out.
VirginiasDghter said... (7/19/11 10:23 AM) Reply
How cute is that? Very cute indeed! Nice work!
mssewcrazy said... (7/18/11 10:40 PM) Reply
That is the most creative use for a basic pattern that I own and never got excited about. I really like your version-looks great.
Amanda.Claire said... (7/18/11 4:36 PM) Reply
I love your interpretation of this pattern with the buttons and buttonholes!! I may have to borrow this idea.
RadarRadiance said... (7/18/11 9:28 AM) Reply
Very stylish and great fit on you. I like how you added your own touch and let your material inspire you. Very sharp!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (7/18/11 8:25 AM) Reply
Smart, clever, creative!! ;D (I have that pattern--didn't think that way :/) Gooooo, Gal!!
Claverie said... (7/18/11 7:25 AM) Reply
Nice adjustments on a simple top. LOVE the button idea. .... ahem ... will definitely be stealing that one. ;)
Aroura said... (7/17/11 11:59 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love those buttons, I've used those exact ones before to make fabric hair clips. The whole top is very creative and pretty. :)
ALTmentalities said... (7/17/11 11:54 PM) Reply
Whoops!! Sorry about that... should be fixed now. :)
ArtAttack said... (7/17/11 10:50 PM) Reply
Looks cute but your thumbnail says access denied when I click on it...would love to see more of it!