Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1241 (Misses' Dress Kay Unger)

Reviewed by:mesewlot

About mesewlotstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 4/2/09
Posted on:7/18/11 0:34 AM
Last Updated:7/19/11 11:23 PM
slmstyle said... (7/20/11 7:58 PM) Reply
Great looking dress! I agree with a trial run in muslin or tissue fitting for the best results. Pattern sizing is usually off and extremely generous in my experience. I have this pattern in my stash and can't wait to sew it. Thanks for your review and tips; I'll definitely refer to them for this pattern and most likely for others.
Christas said... (7/20/11 9:47 AM) Reply
Pretty dress!
carolynw said... (7/20/11 9:07 AM) Reply
Great looking dress - the fabric is beautiful and the fit is perfect - small wonder you got loads of complements
goal100 said... (7/19/11 8:34 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review! I have this pattern and fabric for it in my stash! If the current heat wave continues, I'll get it sewn in the next 2 weeks! Very helpful!
goal100 said... (7/19/11 8:34 AM) Reply
Fran G said... (7/19/11 8:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I agree with the statement concerning the annoying info on sizing. The dress is definitely designed to be a fitted look..as most Kay Unger's designs are. Why so much ease? Well, you followed your intuition and have a beautiful result.
mesewlot said... (7/18/11 12:20 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies! @ GodsgirlT, go ahead and pull out your pattern...you can't go wrong with KayUnger. :) @ ArtAttack, thanks for visiting my blog. :)
ArtAttack said... (7/18/11 10:39 AM) Reply
Oh, it looks fabulous on you! Fits like a glove! Great comments on your blog, too, which I will go back to when I have more time to soak it in...great job!
BexInMD said... (7/18/11 10:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful job on a great design. You look fabulous!
SewWil said... (7/18/11 10:15 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Thanks for the detailed review.
VirginiasDghter said... (7/18/11 9:49 AM) Reply
Love that! The fabric choice is top notch! I have a Kay Unger pattern that I've had for some time. You're making me want to bring it forward. Nice work!
JenniferMM said... (7/18/11 8:13 AM) Reply
I've admired this fabric several times and it looks great on you! Very nice dress! (I agree, the sizing is annoying! My very first dress looked like a trash bag because it was so big based on the envelope! I'm glad I know better now.)
Sue Parrott said... (7/18/11 8:09 AM) Reply
Great fit and I love your fabric choice! Thanks for the fit tips, I appreciate it!
mesewlot said... (7/18/11 7:50 AM) Reply
Thanks ladies! @ Lenora~ No, I didn't, my pattern ranged from size 8-16.
Leora said... (7/18/11 3:53 AM) Reply
I find that sizing discrepancy annoying. I hope you didn't have to buy another envelope just to get the 12. Lovely dress and perfect fit!
sewsunny37 said... (7/18/11 1:19 AM) Reply
This dress looks beautiful on you--a perfect fit and great fabric choice. Thanks for the tips and thorough review, too.

By Hand London Charlotte Skirt

by: junips

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size XS-XL)

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size XS-XL)