Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6069 (Misses' Dresses and Sash)

Reviewed by:Tailypo

About Tailypostarstarstar
Member since: 8/6/03
Posted on:7/18/11 1:34 AM
Last Updated:7/19/11 7:13 PM

Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/22/11 2:18 AM) Reply
BTW I too LOVE your new hair style! You look fabulous.
sew2little said... (7/19/11 10:18 PM) Reply
Great dress--and I love your (is it new?) hair style.
Elona said... (7/19/11 8:29 PM) Reply
Your review made me laugh out loud--but the dress is stunning on you. Trust me: Make that number up in something black and watch the responses when you go out.
Kay Y said... (7/19/11 7:44 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous on you, stretched out neck and all.
JuanitaVA said... (7/19/11 1:14 PM) Reply
I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. LOL I think we can all relate to the urge for punching a dress. Been there, done that. ;) I think this looks great on you, despite the issues you had with it.
VtMartha said... (7/18/11 5:19 PM) Reply
You always write the best reviews and the dress is seriously cute on you. I can't see the stitching from here. :)
Erin D said... (7/18/11 2:51 PM) Reply
Have you experimented with clear elastic for your knit necklines? Sometime it helps with baggyness, and it might work for a square neckline. Your dress is really cute and your review gave me a big laugh.
hme75 said... (7/18/11 1:05 PM) Reply
This dress looks great on you, and the review was both informative AND entertaining!
marec said... (7/18/11 11:16 AM) Reply
Not only do you look great in this dress, but your review made me laugh out loud, which isn't easy early in the morning.
marjoriekh said... (7/18/11 10:51 AM) Reply
You look fantastic -- I hope someone takes you out somewhere in that dress. The back is why I avoided this pattern (bought McCalls 6112 instead), but maybe next time you could redraw the square neckline as a shallow curve, then use a narrow binding turned to the inside (a la Jalie), and topstitch, maybe?
Mermie said... (7/18/11 10:44 AM) Reply
Love this dress and it looks great on you. "fruitlessness of actually punching a dress." made me laugh out loud. Been there!
ArtAttack said... (7/18/11 10:26 AM) Reply
To spite all your frustrations it looks FAB! Love the dress, fit and fabric!
Immelu said... (7/18/11 9:36 AM) Reply
You know...I made this dress with the cowl front and back and it irritates me...but I love the dress once it's on and I forget about it. I need to mess with it and see if I can figure out a good back solution. Despite your problems, I think yours looks great! I love the print!
Lynnelle said... (7/18/11 8:31 AM) Reply
LOL @ "fruitlessness of actually punching a dress." Fruitless, maybe. Freeing, oh yeah. Thanks for the laugh and review.
Sue Parrott said... (7/18/11 6:43 AM) Reply
Turned out very cute! :)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/18/11 2:17 AM) Reply
Now that's a party dress! I like it a lot. You know, lots of movie stars stay our of the sun and are pale too. It's just too much to worry about. You look great.

All About Linings